Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
nice.. what rpm are you hitting before the flame blows?

Mods never end.. why not try the gas tank sticker removal mod? 1 gram of weight reduction = better power to weight ratio :)

·
Registered
833 Posts
I had the Yosh w/o any fuel controller for a couple of weeks. Didn't throw flames. I installed the EJK and block off plates, no popping at all now. Block off plates will take care of that, unless your tune is way out of whack.

Reactions: marthy

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
I guess my question is this....are you trying to see how much/many flames the exhaust can throw, or are you trying to figure out how to eliminate that?

Reactions: JustWantToRide

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
No flames for me..I prefer my combustion occur in the combustion chamber...:)

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Me too, never found the need for an "external" combustion engine

Reactions: Crosshairs

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I got a chance to put 120 miles in today... Runs great! After it get warm its not near as bad. Doesn't really pop and crackle as bad as I expected. Gonna put it up on the dyno soon And see if my map needs a lil tweek. Right now it's just the pc base map. Might end up doing the block off plates too. If my AF looks ok I might just leave it. I will report back once I get it on the dyno.

·
Registered
192 Posts
So I got a chance to put 120 miles in today... Runs great! After it get warm its not near as bad. Doesn't really pop and crackle as bad as I expected. Gonna put it up on the dyno soon And see if my map needs a lil tweek. Right now it's just the pc base map. Might end up doing the block off plates too. If my AF looks ok I might just leave it. I will report back once I get it on the dyno.
I believe to have the A/F right on the dyno, your AIS needs plates.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I believe to have the A/F right on the dyno, your AIS needs plates.
either that or the AIS needs to be turned off in the tune

1 - 15 of 15 Posts