Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well MN DCTC is a very technical course with 18 corners, no point and shot.. all in momentum and trail breaking :eagerness:

_MG_4802.jpg

_MG_9240.jpg

_MG_9512.jpg

BTW the Stoltech Shim-Spring kit is essential, still if you have the $$ go with the Fork Cartridges. Also the reworked 2010 zx-6rr from Traxxion works wonders (under $390 what a deal). It really cleanup up the leading edge and cupping from the inadequate OE shock. Chassis balance nicely.. loving it with 20 out on rebound, and 2.5 HS-LS after 28 sag!

But installing the zx-6rr was a bear and very tight, especially getting the lower mount shock bolt into the idling arm including the two washers uuuhh (you gotta be kidding -loved the crow bar).

·
Super Moderator
5,619 Posts
Very cool, glad you got the FZ out there on the track. One word of advice though....if you aren't smooth on the "Brakes"....trail "Breaking" has a whole new meaning. :cool:

Sorry...I couldn't help myself!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Breaking" has a whole new meaning. :cool:
Hooolariouss... what can I say "ea vs. a", those bloody foreigners (like myself). BTW thanks for the leading and trailing edge tire 101... I stumbled on Dave Moss YouTube about tire wear just recently (plus all his awesome suspension tips), and you are right on the money with it!

·
Super Moderator
5,619 Posts
Thanks...I've learned a few things over the years, some by the school of hard knocks and some by reading/researching. The second method generally has happier endings for me. Glad I could help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts