Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I'm not liking how it seems so many manufacturers are just building a header, and throwing a silencer on it that is off the shelf. Like the Yosh and the Graves, I think they made the silencer way too large for the bike.

In the end, your opinion is all that matters, but I still think Akra is the only one who really addressed the lines of the bike.

Beautiful bike, everyone has an opinion, I think Mivv could've made it more compact...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah that is really bulky! Looks like the headers could have been designed to be closer to the engine as well. Just like Fizzer said, as long as you like it thats all that matters.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Nice looking exhaust but the can is huge! Can probably drill the rivet out and chop the can 4-5". That would look perfect!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm not liking how it seems so many manufacturers are just building a header, and throwing a silencer on it that is off the shelf. Like the Yosh and the Graves, I think they made the silencer way too large for the bike.
In most cases it's just to get the product on the market as fast as they can before the other guy does. You get the early sales, but then when the ones come out that actually look good and took a while to get right, you see the others for sale used. There's a few of those in the for sale section of this very site as well as eBay.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts

In the end, your opinion is all that matters, but I still think Akra is the only one who really addressed the lines of the bike.

Beautiful bike, everyone has an opinion, I think Mivv could've made it more compact...
The Akra Ti probably has the same volume as the others, its just wider as apposed to longer. The real question now is, do you prefer girth or length? You don't have to answer that :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Three thumbs down for this exhaust!!

Fits like crap.

Hangs down too low.

Sound is not good.

Muffler is BIG and heavy!

This is my bike and I am taking this POS off and replacing with something (anything!) else.

Scott MT-09 exhaust.jpg stupid too low.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is how an exhaust should look.

Almost every other brand fits better and does not hang lower (or much lower) than your oil pan does.

For a good reason! To prevent hitting the damn street of course! DUH!

sample 3.jpg exhaust sample 2.jpg exhaust sample 1.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts