Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today started as a great day. I got my ECU back from @vcyclenut.

Couldn't wait to get it in. New exhaust on the bike (akra carbon), new sprint air filter (especially after my recent discovery of the rats nest in the stock filter This Post), and a new tune. Knew this bike was going to rip.

And I must say. I'm in awe. I already thought this bike was quick even with my last bike being a S1000RR, but its a rocket now. That crap in my air filter was bogging the bike in the low end. It revs much faster than I was used to. Its amazing. I already thought I had a great bike but it got even better.

Unfortunately, I was in such a rush to get on the bike for a first run that I made a critical error.... Well just take a look.

Sorry for the awful angle, didn't realize my GoPro was pointed so far down, worked out for getting my phone on video though.

I had forgotten that I had only loosely put my phone in the holder to move the bike outside. I figured I would get it in right once I got my helmet and jacket on. Never clamped it in and didn't bother with the safety straps (they are two of my wife's hair ties).

Luckily phone still works, just blew out the glass at the very bottom and by the volume buttons. It was time for an upgrade anyways I guess.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Years ago I lost mine from it's holder while in the fast lane of a freeway. There was an area between the fast lane and the wall dividing the two sides of the freeway so I stopped and walked back to see if i could find it. Sure enough I found it in 5 different pieces. I was able to snap it all back together and tried turning it on. The screen was shattered in about a million pieces. After it booted up a message appeared that said "It appears that your screen is broken. You may still make emergency calls by using the buttons on the back. Now I know why they call these thing "smart phones".

·
Vendor
1,918 Posts
i cant believe it stayed on the road and was that easy to find and that it wasnt completely busted at the speed it came off!!

glad your enjoying the flash !!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i cant believe it stayed on the road and was that easy to find and that it wasnt completely busted at the speed it came off!!

glad your enjoying the flash !!
You and me both, its hard to hear over the wind noise, but as soon as it happened I went "Ohhhhhhhhh Nooooooooooooooooooo" was sure it was either lost in the woods or broke to all hell. Luckily still works just fine. Not sure if it was luck or a testament to the Otter Box case it was in.

Absolutely loving the flash man. Ride to work got way more exciting. I really thought I liked the popping on decel after I put the exhaust on, but oh man does the bike sound good without the pops. With AIS disabled is it still worth it to throw block off plates on? Or would it be just a waste of money?

·
Vendor
1,918 Posts
You and me both, its hard to hear over the wind noise, but as soon as it happened I went "Ohhhhhhhhh Nooooooooooooooooooo" was sure it was either lost in the woods or broke to all hell. Luckily still works just fine. Not sure if it was luck or a testament to the Otter Box case it was in.

Absolutely loving the flash man. Ride to work got way more exciting. I really thought I liked the popping on decel after I put the exhaust on, but oh man does the bike sound good without the pops. With AIS disabled is it still worth it to throw block off plates on? Or would it be just a waste of money?

eventually the ais will leak and it will start to pop again, if you happy with the amount or lack of popping than there is no reason to add the plates.

if the popping gets more then you like or if your doing a plug change it would be a good time to put the plates on

FZ/MT 09 FJ09 XSR900 AIS block off plates (vcyclenut.com)

·
Registered
31 Posts
At least you weren't on the highway!

Does your phone have any camera issues with being mounted on the handlebar? My old vstar rattled my iphone apart, now its hard to focus on pictures.. I try not to ride with a phone mounted nowadays.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts