Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from the STL area (St Charles). I've seen a couple 09s around. Anybody here?

·
Super Moderator
5,616 Posts
I use to live in the St. Louis area, does that count? I've been in E. TN though for the past 8 years.....use to live in Granite City, then Jerseyville, then Alton, then moved to TN.

·
Super Moderator
5,616 Posts
Newg4.........welcome to the forum and congrats on the new FZ.

pjansen........Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new FZ

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I use to live in the St. Louis area, does that count? I've been in E. TN though for the past 8 years.....use to live in Granite City, then Jerseyville, then Alton, then moved to TN.
"Used to live" in St Louis does Not count. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FYI:
Big St. Charles is aware of the ECU TSB and the headlight wiring recall. Service dept is on a 2 week backlog.
Called Surdyke down south to see if they're less busy; backlogged at least a week.

Based on that, and this good weather, I'm waiting til it gets cold or my headlight dies before I schedule my visit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
hey pjansen have you tried Springfield Yamaha just off I 44 just before 65. 5183 E. Kearney Springfield mo that is where I got my 09 & 079 got his Iam going to call them for my recall & reflash

·
Registered
920 Posts
I bought mine just south of Joplin MO (3rd party), took it to powersports of joplin for a new tire and to get CCT adjusted... the service people had no clues on the CCT (this was in mid august 2014). I had to drop it off for a week, and in that 7 days they were unable to find anything on the subject :mad:.

Sorry for rant, just thought I'd pitch in with the MO dealership experiences :p.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I bought my 09 in August I went to Big St Charles first, they had one left but they had $8300 on the sticker price. That disgusted me so I ended up going across the river to Midwest Motor Sports in Hartford, IL and bought there last one. I still need to call Midwest to schedule my headlight fix, I don't know if they know about the re flash TSB.

·
Registered
391 Posts
hey pjansen have you tried Springfield Yamaha just off I 44 just before 65. 5183 E. Kearney Springfield mo that is where I got my 09 & 079 got his Iam going to call them for my recall & reflash
That's where I bought my mine. Haven't tried the service department there but Ryan Flowers, the manager, is knowledgeable and a nice guy.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I do like riding in Missouri. Although I've never strayed much north of the Arkansas/Missouri border.
I'm sure I'd Love riding in Missouri. I've been there a few times and the wide open roads outside the cities are amazing. BTW, riding in So Florida (traffic lights every 100 - 200 yards) Sucks.:(

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm in STL are, O'Fallon, Mo. I had ECU updated and headlight recall fixed. We should all try to get a day together to go riding? Maybe the back river roads down old 94 or highway DD out past Augusta.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts