Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
+300 miles on my bike. I have noticed a slight stumble at idle and with throttle +4k with no load. While riding it, I can't feel it at all. I did notice an exhaust leak sound coming from the header area. I know this might be a normal resonating sound from within the engine, but it still does sound sort of like a leak. I checked the header and nothing is leaking. The spark plugs are what I would like to check and I don't know how to get to them without tearing half of the bike apart. I just want to check to see if the plugs are snug/tight/torqued = "you know what I mean". I have not ridden any other FZ 09 and there is no other near me to compare to right now to see if there is any major differences. I did take the tank loose "almost off" to see that I had to take the air box out also. Can I unbolt the radiator and roll it forward to get enough room to check the plug tightness etc????? I have all the tools necessary to get the job done, I just don't know what I should take apart and what I shouldn't.

·
Registered
75 Posts
+300 miles on my bike. I have noticed a slight stumble at idle and with throttle +4k with no load. While riding it, I can't feel it at all. I did notice an exhaust leak sound coming from the header area. I know this might be a normal resonating sound from within the engine, but it still does sound sort of like a leak. I checked the header and nothing is leaking. The spark plugs are what I would like to check and I don't know how to get to them without tearing half of the bike apart. I just want to check to see if the plugs are snug/tight/torqued = "you know what I mean". I have not ridden any other FZ 09 and there is no other near me to compare to right now to see if there is any major differences. I did take the tank loose "almost off" to see that I had to take the air box out also. Can I unbolt the radiator and roll it forward to get enough room to check the plug tightness etc????? I have all the tools necessary to get the job done, I just don't know what I should take apart and what I shouldn't.
I've seen someone on here who said they can get to the plugs moving the radiator. But if not, tank removal isn't bad at all pretty easy

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts