Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I may get chewed out for making a new thread for this but my attempts on other applicable threads were futile. And the location is questionable but the parts section I was going to post emphasized the sale of them.

Hopefully with the subject this thread can find more use to others.

Saw this Akrapovic exhaust gasket and was curious what this is addressing... Is there a leak in one of the slip on connections?

View attachment 10876

·
Registered
962 Posts
All exhaust systems use a gasket where the exhaust canister joins the mid-pipe or header. They come with them, but removing and replacing the systems can damage them.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All exhaust systems use a gasket where the exhaust canister joins the mid-pipe or header. They come with them, but removing and replacing the systems can damage them.
Unless mine was already seated inside the can I didn't get one.. Guess I'll take a look and possibly order

·
Registered
962 Posts
You may have a graphite gasket. I haven't seen which the FZ-09 comes with, but the Akro gaskets I've seen were all graphite (darker looking). If yours isn't in place then you'll have noticeable blowby. If you aren't noticing puffing and sound from the connection - then it's in place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts