Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my current bike - 2000 Kawasaki ZR-7 - I've got lane splitter bar end mirrors. They're great - they stay where you put them, and they don't vibrate. The only complaint I have is that they do complicate matters when tying down and trailering the bike.

The FZ-09 I've made plans to pick up next weekend has bar end mirrors, and he didn't save the stock ones.
Being that there's plans for at least one trip to Deals Gap every year, I don't want to keep bar end mirrors on the FZ.

So what is everyone using? I'd like to look into some integrated turn signal/mirror options. Suggestions??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
I really like the stock mirrors, but I had to add extensions to them to make them useful! Now they are perfect.

Bicycle Vehicle Bicycle part Mountain bike Auto part Vehicle Auto part Car Muffler

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I just use the stockers. Would like bar end mirrors but don't want the added width when splitting lanes

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I like any mirror that has Steve101 in its reflection.:cool:

Reactions: Vigilante and Dalex

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the looks of the stock mirrors, so it's a little heartbreaking that he ditched them. Oh well, there's my first opportunity for upgrading. It seems like everything else I might want to do has been done!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
If you like the stock mirrors you might find a set on ebay, but overall they are not all that expensive to buy, only $38.10 ea. + sipping new.

ebay mirrors
Hair Hairstyle Head Headgear Knit cap

2014 Yamaha FZ09 (FZ09ER) Steering Handle Cable | YamahaPartsPitstop.com

I find the stock mirrors work pretty good, and might at hand guards with integrated turn signals one day. Kind of like the SW-Motech but they are a bit pricey.

SW-MOTECH KOBRA Handguards for Yamaha FZ-09 '14 - TwistedThrottle.ca

You can find some mirrors with turn signals on ebay, I think th r y sell for about $54 shipped. Just do an eBay search for ( yamaha fz-09 mirrors ) and they should come up.

Other that that all the other ones I have seen will st you back $200-300, like these ones.

http://rivcoproducts.com/shop-by-category/mirrors.html

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've found a set I like. I've seen them on several sites, and they're cheapest on Amazon. Anyone have any experience with these?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you like the stock mirrors you might find a set on ebay, but overall they are not all that expensive to buy, only $38.10 ea. + sipping new.

2014 Yamaha FZ09 (FZ09ER) Steering Handle Cable | YamahaPartsPitstop.com

I find the stock mirrors work pretty good, and might at hand guards with integrated turn signals one day. Kind of like the SW-Motech but they are a bit pricey.

SW-MOTECH KOBRA Handguards for Yamaha FZ-09 '14 - TwistedThrottle.ca
I like the stock mirrors, and I'll consider getting a set, BUT I also like the idea of the integrated turn signals. Ideally, I'd like to find a set of mirrors similar to stock with integrated turn signals.
Oh, and the bike I'm making arrangements to buy has the hand guards on it, and I'm hoping they'll fit my husband's bike, because he'll be inheriting those.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I've found a set I like. I've seen them on several sites, and they're cheapest on Amazon. Anyone have any experience with these?

They need the bolt style mount, those have the mount style for sport bike fairings.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
The set of mirrors with turn signals on ebay look similar in shape to the stock mirrors, just can't list ebay links here.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I had a set of the Rivco mirrors with turn indicators. They're very high quality but gave the same view as the stock mirrors. Good mirrors if that works for you.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They need the bolt style mount, those have the mount style for sport bike fairings.
I noticed that after I posted that picture. I saw the correct mounting on another site - I'll have to look on the computer again to see where it was. I just happened to notice these were cheaper on Amazon.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Ok, here's the correct version. A little more expensive but same mirror head shape.

·
Registered
635 Posts

Ok, here's the correct version. A little more expensive but same mirror head shape.

Be careful Yamaha uses a reverse thread on the right hand side and a normal one on the left. They have converters on amazon to fit if both are normal thread on the mirror set, bonus is that they raise the mirrors a bit too.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Be careful with products on Amazon with less than 4 Solid Stars at a minimum, and those with fewer than 20 Reviews. Large numbers of High Reviews speaks volumes.

If I'm not satisfied with the # of reviews on Amazon I'll go to Revzilla.com and check for the same item and Reviews there, and vice versa if I'm starting on amazon. Several dozen or more of consistently high reviews isn't an accident.:cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'd like to update this thread with regards to the quality of the billet mirrors sold on ebay. They are rubbish!!! I purchased a set of black mirrors. The black is turning gold and the mirror itself is starting to show black spots. I've emailed the seller to see what can be done.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts