Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search for this but couldn't find anything.

I noticed riding yesterday that I get a lot of vibration in the footpegs, it's not a huge inconvenience but my feet felt like they had pins and needles in them when I got off the bike and it was noticeable while riding.

Are there any solutions out there to mitigate this?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,424 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, are these a pain to install?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Depends on what your definition of "pain" is.

The left side footpeg pivot pin is peened and must be drilled out to be removed.

Looks like new pivot pins are included in that kit.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Personally, I don't feel any annoying vibrations- but maybe 'cos I am used to small thumpers!
However, any little relief is welcome...I saw that the Mt-09 Street rally version actually has rubber covered footpegs- maybe we should just get the part# and order it?

See here:

·
Registered
962 Posts
I got the eBay cheapies for $10, bought front and rear - and like them. Mine were listed for an FZ6R. Getting the left peg off was the hard part - but it just took some time with a dremel. The pegs are made from cheap pot metal, and I had to adjust them with the dremel so they would fold up and down far enough - but I'm happy with them. I bought the fronts as a cheap way to raise my pegs and get my feet where I wanted them. My daughter wanted the rubber inserts - and she likes hers too. She's told me I'm shifting a lot smoother - but I think that's more having my foot where I want it rather than the rubber.
20140317_093857.jpg

·
Registered
734 Posts
I would never use cheap pegs , the safety factor . If one snaps off when u need it . Eeeeeeeee gibeeres
There were some reports of gl1800 pegs breaking
and there is way too much junk out there , even name brands , most are cutback import

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
On our Himalayas ride, one of the riders managed to break the bracket (by dropping a loaded bike on the road) holding the footpeg which was worse- because it was the left side- shifting was a b****h. I think if the one on the right had broken, it wouldn't have been a big deal. I like old bikes (like the RDs) which had a iron rod on which the pegs were installed- more sturdier I personally feel.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Checked, and I actually paid $7.99 per pair with free shipping. I bought them really to check if they would fit the FZ-09 and whether they would get me feet a little higher - which they do. I'd planned on buying some OEM fz6r pegs if I liked them - but I think they're fine. The metal isn't as pretty as the stock aluminum - but they are much thicker. I wouldn't put them on a dirt bike and stand on them in rough terrain - but for street riding they're fine. I haven't ever broken a peg without hitting something - and when I did I was glad the peg gave.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Easiest and cheapest fix that I have ever come across..........

Bicycle inner tube.

Cut a small piece, stretch it over the footpeg. Have done this with all my previous bikes and works a treat for basically no cost if you have one laying around. Doesnt look flash, but whos looking at your footpeg anyway when your bike is as nice as these bikes are.

Now..........I just need to wait until one of the kids get a puncture so I have one laying around again lol.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I never felt any vibration. Should try my FZ6R for a ride. I had my hands all numb from my 15 minutes commute this morning. Rode 450 miles last Saturday with no issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
Do you notice valuable gain in vibration reduction, i plan to use my road star warrior oem pedals that is a direct fit that have rubbert inserts?

Rubber pegs are mounted.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts