Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never understood the use of yellow helmet visors, I've always used clear for night and low light/cloudy days... until now:
I've been extending my experience with yellow helmet visors in the past few weeks and have come to love them for overcast and night time riding.
It's hard to explain... the yellow makes everything "pop". Until you experience it for yourself, you really can't appreciate it. I used to think it was kind of funky, these dudes with their yellow visors, but I get it now... it actually made me go "wow"! What are your experiences with different visors? What's your fav for different conditions?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Our construction night crews like to wear the yellow safety glasses as it makes things look crisper. They seem to work. Haven't tried one on a moto tho'.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I used have a pair of yellow glasses and I agree, they are very good at night at cutting glare , I lost them a while back and never replaced them..I miss them sometimes :(

Reactions: Serrison

·
Registered
73 Posts
looking forward to this. just purchased an Icon variant carbon helmet that comes with the yellow visor. added visibility never hurts. can't wait to compare it with my shark raw helmet.

·
Registered
116 Posts
For a while a had a pair of yellow riding glasses I used so I could keep my visor open. And they really seemed to help at night. I need to find some more, Avg doesn't make a yellow visor for the ax8 naked.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Might have to try it out, I have a transition lens on my helmet so I have never actually had to take my visor off with my bell.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Racing dirt bikes in the Seattle area if it wasn't raining it was always cloudy. I always ran yellow lenses with the goggles and they worked fantastic with the added contrast. My buddies would always ask me where the "high-def" goggles were, because it literally made things look high definition haha.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Similar idea, I wear light amber tinted prescription glasses during the day. Calling them "high-def" certainly seems appropriate given the greater contrast to clear lenses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts