Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my FZ for about 6 months and have racked up 5300 miles.

Curious who has the most miles on their FZ?

·
Registered
131 Posts
You have me beat. I'm at just about 5,100 and I've had mine since the end of October (minus a few months after the wreck waiting for parts!)

·
Registered
27 Posts
4340 miles since April 08 always in A mode. B mode in the rain. Wipe the exhausts with WD40 when I wash it. No signs of rust yet.

Fender extenda both front and rear.

Absolutely LOVE it!!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
6,300 miles. Sold my second streetbike, so the miles will probably accumulate quicker. I really like the ergos and lightness.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I'm far behind most of the previous posters. 4,327 miles since October on my very modestly modded (i.e. frame and swingarm sliders, tank grips, rear carrier, brake modulator) Rapid Red FZ-09. Although the power and shifting action are fantastic, the rider seating ergos match my preference, which is at least as important if not more so.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
1700...bought it April 1st. I was out 3 weeks with broken collar bone.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been meaning to start this same thread! I think the first post should be updated with the top 3, and this be made sticky! (Top 3 should require a pic of the speedo w/ mileage)

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
8200 km about 5000 miles since beginning of march everyday hack to/from work plus weekend fun. Mostly B mode at the moment as its winter (read sub tropical rain) and still on the stock Dunlop tyres which are shocking in the wet.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Are you guys using the bike as your primary transportation?? Lots of miles...wow.

I'm at a little over 500. Hoping for 1k soon. Actually, I'm more excited about the first service- first milestone :)

·
Registered
883 Posts
Are you guys using the bike as your primary transportation??
Seems this area had an unusually cool and wet spring this year keeping mileage down until mid-May, but from April to October I primarily commute on a motorcycle. During the summer months, almost 100% motorcycle commuting except for days with high probability of widespread T-storms. During the first year of unlimited mileage warranty, the FZ-09 will be the most frequent ride. Probably will be the most frequent ride after a year, too!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts