Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Hows it going? I am an avid sport bike rider, I have a zx10r track bike and currently a 2003 SV1000S commuter. I am considering replacing the SV with an FZ. We shall see. I really like them so far. I am, going to poke around on here for a while and learn what I can.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
welcome, i'm a recent convert to the FZ from an SV650. I know they are very different animals but i'm very pleased with the difference. you likely won't experience the same changes in power between the 1000 and the FZ but the riding position will be much different and significantly more comfortable (i'm assuming your S has clip ons unless you changed it).

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Welcome and hope you get your ride soon. And don't throw away your ZX-10 shock... might be useful!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Welcome to the forum blackclu.....lots of good info here....enjoy!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beck, yes, my SV has clip ons. I dont mind that, but I really do like a more relaxed position for a commuter. I am definitely interested in feeling how much lighter a FZ is. Marthy, I have only had the stock shock on the ZX10r resprung and stuff, so its still on there. Still got to work out if I'm gonna make it happen. We shall see.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I currently own both an FZ and a 2003 SV1000S... But I'm selling the SV in the spring. The SV never felt "slow" to me, but the FZ-09 feels faster, especially in the low and mid RPMs.

But the FZ just feels "effortless" to ride compared to the Suzuki, I don't know how to describe it other than that. The steering, throttle, everything feels lighter and seems to take so much less force, much less "deliberate" if that makes any sense. The seating position probably contributes to that too, and the seat is WAY more comfortable on the FZ-09 in my opinion. The SV seat is like a torture device... If the clip ons and race rear-sets weren't bad enough Lol.

The FZ definitely feels lighter too, especially at slower speeds, and it's so much narrower which I think contributes to that feeling. You want one :p You won't catch me knocking the SV, I was very fond of it but I just don't think I'll be riding it much anymore...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts