Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i have to wonder why if this treatment can reduce friction, reduce emissions, and save us money, why don't the manufacturers all use it?

hey it says it can quiet engines too! if this will stop the cam chain tensioner from rattling, i'll buy a 50 gallon drum.

also, it increases gun and bow accuracy! how do i become a distributor??

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Copy of email i got from them for 30 % off
its a hardly known product , that's mostly advertised in aircraft . I have used it in snowmobiles, drz400. Fz6r. Rd400 , gl1800 ,

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Liquid Ring, Lubrilon, Microlon, Matrix, Petrolon, etc. are all the same company as Slick 50.

Visit the FTC website and you'll see all of the lawsuits against the company.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Liquid Ring, Lubrilon, Microlon, Matrix, Petrolon, etc. are all the same company as Slick 50.

Visit the FTC website and you'll see all of the lawsuits against the company.
HERE IS WHAT COMES UP

About the FTC
News & Events
Enforcement
Policy
Tips & Advice
I Would Like To...

You are here

Home »
Search »
Federal Trade Commission | Protecting America's Consumers »
Microlon

Search
Enter terms

Check if your spelling is correct, or try removing filters.
Remove quotes around phrases to match each word individually: "blue drop" will match less than blue drop.
You can require or exclude terms using + and -: big +blue drop will require a match on blue while big blue -drop will exclude results that contain drop.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
If these additives are so amazing, why do the companies always seem to end up in trouble?

Note: you can search for the FTC's rulings on any engine additive by using their search page and searching their 'news releases' for the product you're interested in - most of them are in there, which should tell you something.

Blue Corral, the manufacturers of the Slick 50 engine oil additive (and numerous others... they get in trouble, rename it, rebrand it and put it right back on the shelf), have been banned by the Federal Trade Commission from making claims about reduced engine wear, increased fuel economy and lower running temperatures in it's advertising in America. The Federal Commission found the company's claims of increased performance and reduced wear were unsubstantiated, and Blue Corral has agreed to pay upwards of $20M in damages to affected customers.

The manufacturers of the ProLong engine additive have been dealt a smack in the face by a Consumer Reports Magazine report into their product. CR attempted to reproduce the "no oil" test where all the oil was drained out of an engine which had been treated with ProLong, and then the engine was run. CR managed a maximum of 13 seconds running out of each of two engine before they seized up, welding the pistons to the barrels. The case is being brought to a Federal Commision for prosecution for false advertising claims.

The manufacturers of the DuraLube engine additive were dealt a smack in the face by a Car & Driver Magazine report into their product. C&D tried the same tests as Consumer Reports did on ProLong, and had similar results, but in a much quicker time. The C&D engines treated with DuraLube lasted a staggering 11 seconds without oil. You do the math. The Federal Trade Commission dealt with it.

In an ongoing campaign targeting ads that tout motor oil additives with deceptive claims that they reduce engine wear or extend engine life compared to motor oil alone, the FTC has charged the seller of Motor Up Engine Treatment with making unsubstantiated and deceptive advertising claims, in violation of federal laws. Motor Up Corporation and its principal, Kyle Burns, face an administrative trial.

Blah

Blah

Blah

Sorry if I offended you with my opinion.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i will say my 700 yami sled has 12,000 miles on it and runs better than new . As soon as put it in the sled i had re clutch it as it was over revving . And clutching on a sled is dependent on power output
that's how it played out for me

·
Registered
473 Posts
Andy Granatelli made a fortune selling snake oil. Remember STP?
Back in the day I worked for that fat bastard at his crappy car tune up shops called tune up master's. Don't put those additives in your bike may cause clutch to slip. Lucky devil nice rant dude!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I LOVE this stuff! As a medic, we give this stuff intravenously to expecting mothers and it makes the baby pop right out! Then we use the remainder in the engine to instantly gain 100bhp and get to the hospital where we take the last few drops, mix it with redbull and create nuclear fusion to power the delivery ward.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts