Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Michelin's Road Pilot 4

6K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  motorock 
#1 ·
Just put on some Michelin Road Pilot 4's after wearing out the 214's in less than 4,000 miles. After a few days of "break-in" we left for a 2000 mile ride. These are wonderful tires!!! I'm no pro but these tires hold like glue and go like crazy... Even the tar snakes don't do much. The 214's were all over the place in comparison. $312 for the set from MotoSS, delivered. Took about 2 hours to remove, mount and balance, then install though. Hardest part was getting the old tires off the wheels. I looked at the Pirellis, briefly.

Reactions: DTM74 and DNFDOUG
#4 ·
Awesome tires ! I have them on my FZ1 and I am super impressed. I work at a bike shop and I push them on everyone. All great feedback so far.

#5 ·
How I hate those tar snakes! There's a very twisty section on one of my favorite roads and those snakes prevent me front carving them faster, it pushes my Dunlop to the side and it gives me a terrible feeling, I hate it. I'm still debating between the Angel GT or Road Pilot 4.

#10 ·
Tires need balance to wheels.

#11 ·
I am going to change out to a set of Michelin's Road Pilot 4, when I need new tires. I am tempted to try some Ride-ON Motorcycle Dynamic Balancer & Tire Sealant, when I change out my tires. I added the Ride-On to my DR tires and it worked great, the tires run nice and smooth after I installed my new tires on my DR.

Motorcycle Tire Sealant | Scooters Tire Sealant | Motorcycle Formula (MOT) - Ride-On

Unlike Slime, the Ride-On motorcycle formula is designed for motorcycles, not for bicycles and dirt bikes.

"Ride-On is designed to actually help hydrodynamically balance tires at highway speeds. Once installed in a tire, it will actually act to dampen vibrations for the life of a tire so you do not need periodic rebalancing. Although we don’t condone speeding, our dealers and customers comment that their bikes actually run smoother at speeds as high as 150 mph. Once installed, you should not try to rebalance a tire containing Ride-On – just let it do what it is was formulated to do!"

#16 ·
How much weight does this stuff add to the wheel assembly?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.