Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My S22’s had quite the flat spot after 2900ish miles. Last ride they were breaking loose around corners etc. upgraded to the Road 6 because they are more sport touring and match my riding style better (mostly commuting and cruising) first pic was from the last ride. Looks like I do burnouts all day but I don’t 😁

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have had the road 6s on my 2018 for a little bit now. They are great in the corners with lots of grip leaning the bike over. They don't always hook up for the odd power wheelie so I gotta really roll on the throttle just right but I think that's due to the harder compound to reduce commuting wear. I have yet to use these in the rain and will probably avoid it if I can since I'm more of a fairweather rider.

·
Registered
784 Posts
these will likely be my choice next season because half my riding is in the rain. very interested how they work out.
If I go by the performance of the Mich Road 5's I had, on the rain, your a GAWD carving past the cagers. They gave me plenty of confidence to just mosey on past traffic askin', "Why da FU y'all cagers slowing down for a little rain for???"

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
I like the huge edge blocks, should be even grippier than 5's.

Reactions: joshuahaney

·
Registered
2022 MT-09SP
8 Posts
Got about 6500mi on my Road 6's. Swapped out the S22's after they got a nice flat spot. Super solid in the rain been in several good storms and they were planted. I usually run 32/38psi and they work lovely

1 - 10 of 10 Posts