Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be needing new shoes next spring, looking at the pr4, question is would it be better to go with the standard or gt version....I am no canyon carver but I dont have chicken strips on the rear....Just curious if the gt version (for a heavy bike) would last longer and STILL have good grip as the standard version for my style riding....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Revzilla has a really great video review on these. You can watch it and then decide which compound combination is best for you.

Michelin Pilot Road 4 Rear Tires - RevZilla

Personally, my next set is the standard version.

Also, there is no need for chicken strips with all these multi-compound tires. Anyone with chicken strips simply picked a race tire and used it to commute. You can't ride sideways if the road is straight and let's face it, a lot of roads are straight. This whole chicken strip thing is just people overcompensating for something else.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Just looked at the video again and will probably go with the standard 4 myself....I just ride for pleasure no commuting and just ride for a couple hours on my off days, and yes between the corners there is a lot of straights.....

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I have the standards as well, on both bikes. Great tires

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am on my second set. Very nice tires. Always get sticky quickly and grip like crazy in the corners. I commute on my bike and the Pilot Road 4's have lasted longer than the 3's that I had on before with the harder center compound. YMMV

Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Registered
42 Posts
I only have about 20 miles on a set of pr4 I had put on the niner a couple weeks ago. So far I like them much better then the worn out bridgestones.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I installed a new Standard set of PR4's two weeks ago for the late Fall and Winter months. Great tire with the more narrow rear profile and better wet/cold traction they offer. Will switch back out to the PP's for the Summer though when fun mountain run season is in full bloom.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I installed a new Standard set of PR4's two weeks ago for the late Fall and Winter months. Great tire with the more narrow rear profile and better wet/cold traction they offer. Will switch back out to the PP's for the Summer though when fun mountain run season is in full bloom.
I have heard more narrow....how much more I like the wide back tire...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts