Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,353 Posts
The Sportec line has always been very good for long mileage, wet weather and twisty riding. It ain't super sticky, but it is sticky enough.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah- had the m1 and m3 on my SV, and loved the profile. The m7rr is being billed as sticky with good
Wear as well, kinda wondering if it really is, or too good to be true.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm planning on buying these as my next set. The price is very similar to the Q3's that everyone loves but boasts better performance.

Dunlop and I don't agree so I'm going Metzeler next!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Metzeler and Pirelli are the same company so they know how to make tires and are my favorites. I have no experience with the specific tires asked about.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just got these tires put on today and put about 150 miles on them already. Less than 20 minutes into my ride I decided they were scrubbed them enough...as you can see day one of riding on them and my rear chicken strips are pretty much gone. I love metzelers and have always ran them because they can do everything, trackdays, commuting, wet weather riding and twisties. The M7's are no different, they are a great tire. I'm interested to see how many miles I'll get out of the rear tire since I only got 2.3K with the OE tires. I'm going on another ride tomorrow about 200 miles so I'll report back about the tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
German practicality meets Italian Racing heritage meets Guy Martin. Fantastic combo! Got nearly 4000km out of my M7rr rear. Hard Canyon and Valley carving plus 3 track day sessions. I really like the quick warm up times and a nice smooth turn in profile on the front. My favorite track day was an official wet track day (rain bouncing half a meter off the deck) those Metzeler tyres frigging stuck like glue. Little bit of wheel spin here and there Lol For you hard road riding nutters, you may appreciate the slightly more forgiving carcass over the Q3.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have 2800 miles on the rear tire and it is just starting to get a flat spot. The Q3 I had before was done after 3200 miles. I changed the front to the M7RR about a month ago so cant say how long they will last but
I like them. The same price as Q3's and they last longer!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I will be putting my M7's on this week along with springs and valves! this weekend will be a wonderful weekend, sunshine and asphalt :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
this thread is a bit old and I can't say anything about these tires yet but I just installed them today. Won't get into any real riding until April most likely. I did a lot of research and decided to get the M7 RR's I know the Michelin PR 4's are sweet for this bike but I like to check out tires. I only have 2 seasons on this bike about 9500 miles. The stock Dunlops were ok but did not last, ~3600 and the rear was flat spotted and bald in the center. I then put on Continental Road Attack 2's. They were better. ~5900 miles on them. They still had good tread but rear was flat spotted and the front started to cup. So, I got the Metzeler's. Time (and miles) will surely tell.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Any feedback as regards longevity? Also I'm interested in feedback they give.I run Michelin Power Rs now and the rear feels hard on bumps .I don't like them.I felt better with original D214...

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Any feedback as regards longevity? Also I'm interested in feedback they give.I run Michelin Power Rs now and the rear feels hard on bumps .I don't like them.I felt better with original D214...
I've gone through 3 sets of the M7's and they are great at everything. Wet grip, dry grip and long life. One set went 16,000 kms but that included a pretty long highway road trip.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Reactions: MoFZio
1 - 20 of 31 Posts