Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently went to the UK so attempted to swap from KMH to MPH. Unfortunately the menu wheel would not push in to access menu. On my return to France I did a little investigation and found that the mechanism that is operated by pushing the wheel was completely void of lubrication. I applied a little grease and manually operated several times before reassembling the switch which is now all ok. Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yes the thumb wheel is awful. Interestingly I've just come back from the largest bike show in the UK and had a sit on the new Tracer 9. The switchgear is all new and the thumbwheel is no more. The new TFT on that bike is enormous aswell, bordering on too big!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not had any trouble with the menu button but I do find my hazard warning light switch can be a little sticky. May have to have a look inside and see if I can apply a little dielectric grease on to the plastic moving part(s).

If you found the menu switch dry, it's likely other bits would be I guess.

The switchgear is definitely not the best quality.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Some of you will remember the "Prince of Darkness", others are too young I suppose. Things got better after that and now they seem to be taking a downturn. In my opinion it is probably caused by two main factors. Bean counters and trying to squeeze too many switches for all the new options into a single switch cluster. If this continues the dash will start looking like a damn airplane cockpit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts