Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good review. He pointed out the same flaws we have been hearing about, but as far as I can tell, they arent something that cant be fixed/ upgraded past with suspension tuning and engine tuning. I'm still sold!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Is this the same guy how is basing his judgement on sportbike/race criteria?

Well after watching the vid he did state he didn't want to over state its imperfections.

Thanks b-walnuts for the link of the vid. It has the best shots of the bike, riding, wheelies, burn-outs and just fun - exactly what I'm wanting. Best video so far. I'm sold.

Just wish the Blaze Orange was coming to the U.S.. Oh well the Graphite will do.

·
Registered
77 Posts
And there I was looking at the clock and waiting on Michael Neeves’s review tomorrow (Wednesday)…….But Lo and Behold! MCN went with the video first. How cool is that!

I paused the video at 0:24 seconds and just stared at that Akrapovic FES. MANN! I Gotz Ta Have Dat CANN!!! I just hope it arrives at the dealerships when (or before) the bikes do. And I hope there is nothing “crazy” going on with the engine that would make it difficult to take off the stock exhaust and put on the Akrapovic. I also hope it doesn’t break the bank to purchase the system either. But either way, I think it’s a done deal that I’ll get the system and I’ll put it on -- and if need be -- pay the labor for the dealership to put it on. Thanks BW. Great Video Post. Much Appreciated.

Reactions: aqua

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great vid. Some great footage to get everyone excited. The red (orange?) MT09 one looks good with all the options on it. Akrapovic, screen, radiator covers (yuck), led blinkers, adjustable levers, engine protectors, seat cover and licence plate holder just to mention a few.
The accessory list offered by Yamaha is pretty comprehensive. Obviously they are expecting to move plenty of them through the dealers!

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
And don't forget the adjustable footpegs. Hopefully, either the stock ones or those or some aftermarket one will allow the shifter to be set up in the GP shift pattern.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts