Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we dont use "flash to pass" much here in MN...at least I dont...has anyone thought to rewire the flash to pass button to be the SELECT button for the gauge?? then we could toggle through the gauge without taking a hand off the bars....

I could probably figure it out but I thought I would throw it out there as an idea...

Thoughts?????

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
agreed, i never use the flash button.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I use my flash to pass all the time. Apparently, cars think the left hand lane on the 75 mph interstate is a 65 mph zone...

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was thinking of something along the same lines, but instead of repurposing the flash-to-pass, add a three position switch (momentary up, rest, momentary down) in that spot next to the headlight switch (currently has a filler panel) to act a momentary short/long pulse for the select and reset functions of the display. A bit more difficult, but I'd be willing to attempt it if anyone has any experties in the input/outputs of the display.

·
Registered
160 Posts
in my opinion i can hit the button pertty easy i think i twould be harder to pull the clutch in then with the same hand push the flash top ass button because you cant push that unless the bike is getting no power, also,imalways in a mode so its not that bothersome :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
He's talking about the SELECT and RESET buttons on the actual Digital Display, not the Mode Selector.

in my opinion i can hit the button pertty easy i think i twould be harder to pull the clutch in then with the same hand push the flash top ass button because you cant push that unless the bike is getting no power, also,imalways in a mode so its not that bothersome :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like I need to tear apart my gauge and figure this out....I want to be able to toggle through the air temp, coolant temp etc without taking my hands off the bar....i cant imagine it is that hard to do the wiring but if someone else has already done it I wanted to find out before i tore into this...

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Flash to pass is useless in the US anyway, the majority of people whom you flash in hopes they'll step over to the right just get pissed off at you. Europeans understand the flash to pass and act correctly when a faster vehicle to their rear flashes them. 'Mericans' for the most part, couldn't care less-probably too busy texting to notice anyway...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Flash to pass is useless in the US anyway, the majority of people whom you flash in hopes they'll step over to the right just get pissed off at you. Europeans understand the flash to pass and act correctly when a faster vehicle to their rear flashes them. 'Mericans' for the most part, couldn't care less-probably too busy texting to notice anyway...
lol if yout flash someone in merica you get the finger so you pass anyway thenn get honked at and tailgated lol :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I thought you didn't have to clutch to change throttle mode? Pretty sure I can change mine on the move just by closing the throttle.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Completely closing the throttle on this bike is almost the same as tapping the brakes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
239 Posts
Completely closing the throttle on this bike is almost the same as tapping the brakes.

Not if you have Stoltec MOTO FZ-09 ECU Reflash Service. Nick did a fantastic job on really improving the FZ-09. :color:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't have it but I'll be honest, I love the engine braking.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts