Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy let his girl ride his brand new FZ09 right out of the dealership and I believe it maybe the first official female review so enjoy.

Reactions: RedRay and bikee4

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
God...please make that woman stop giggling. I had to turn it off before she hit the Freeway.

Reactions: 9Ball

·
Registered
612 Posts
God...please make that woman stop giggling. I had to turn it off before she hit the Freeway.
Oh come on.. Regardless of her laugh, it's damn sexy she can ride a bike like the Fz. I wish my wife cared about motorcycles and had the where-with-all to ride one. That chick rocks!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Oh come on.. Regardless of her laugh, it's damn sexy she can ride a bike like the Fz. I wish my wife cared about motorcycles and had the where-with-all to ride one. That chick rocks!!
I equate "knowing how to ride" with knowing which side the gear shifter/selecter is on - she failed that test so IMO, she isn't a remotely competent motorcyclist.

Cute laugh, the first 2 times, by the 347th though, fuuuuuuck!!!!

:)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She did fine, just a bit disorientated by such a different bike than she's used to, a fully faired sport bike with GP shift.

In this video they have switched bikes so she is on one she's used to.

Thank you Bob she said she was not a newb their is not one person that i know of that has not felt the way she did when they got their bike for the first time heck i giggled and still do. She is a keeper.

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I was surprised that he would not want to ride his bike home. I also was surprised that he would let someone ride his bike that was so worried about knowing how to change gears...kind of scary...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah she knows how to change gears it's just she was use to GP shift.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Jen, she is used to a "GP" shift pattern commonly used for track and race bikes. Instead of first gear being on the bottom like a street bike it is at the top, so to up shift you move the lever down. While leaned way over it is much more common to need to upshift than down shift. If leaned hard left there isn't enough room under the shift lever for your foot.

She did better with the standard shift than I would a with a GP lol. A lot of riders that are used to GP shift convert their street bikes to GP too, TripleThreat has converted his 09, on most modern bikes you just flip one of the arms in the external linkage around.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
186 Posts
She giggled less on her bike..I think she needs an -09! And that SoCal weather sucks, I think I saw a couple of clouds above the palm trees in a few scenes.
I wish someone had checked her out on the throttle modes so we could have known her thoughts but that's ok.

It's interesting to me that the -09 shift linkage can be flipped to GP pattern, I've never had that option and would like to try it...Mark

·
Registered
238 Posts
She did fine, just a bit disorientated by such a different bike than she's used to, a fully faired sport bike with GP shift.

In this video they have switched bikes so she is on one she's used to.
1. She was about to pull away with the side stand down.
2. GP shift is fine and all - not my preference BUT, she was trying to shift the rear brake lever in the first video - wrong side of the engine! She looks down at the brake lever with her foot on the peg as she's wondering why it won't shift...

Otherwise, she does sound super cute and has a nice bubbly personality, I was just being a dink and saying that I wouldn't take riding advice from someone who has issues with those two difficulties.

:)

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Converting the 09 to GP takes a little work.

Shogun09R1 - YouTube If you look through their videos there is one about cutting a slot in the foot peg bracket for the shift linkage rod. TripleThreat has a how-to thread for another way.

If I recall right converting a SV650 is easy. I've never converted to GP, my track riding isn't fast enough to need it, especially on a bike with a wide torque curve. And I'm too used to standard shifting, no way I'd switch.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Jen, she is used to a "GP" shift pattern commonly used for track and race bikes. Instead of first gear being on the bottom like a street bike it is at the top, so to up shift you move the lever down. While leaned way over it is much more common to need to upshift than down shift. If leaned hard left there isn't enough room under the shift lever for your foot.

She did better with the standard shift than I would a with a GP lol. A lot of riders that are used to GP shift convert their street bikes to GP too, TripleThreat has converted his 09, on most modern bikes you just flip one of the arms in the external linkage around.
Oh! I take it back then. That makes a lot more sense.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Not sure whether I want to show this video to my daughter. I might open the garage door one day and find a note on the TU250X stating, "Dad, the FZ-09 is mine. Get another one!"

I liked the video. The laugh may be a defense mechanism; she is probably more comfortable riding motorcycles, even one so new to her, than recording streams of thoughts in an audible format. My guess is that wouldn't be unusual.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts