Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poverty Riders International and Buzzard Brent invite you to Buzzard Bottom 7 at High Country Motorcycle Camp This is a comfortable, annual gathering of motorcycle riders with a camping fee of $12 / night and meals available by donation and volunteers. The roads (some of the best corner carving roads in the world) and company make for an awesome good time. Come early, stay late. Bring your old Airhead parts to sell or swap or pictures of bikes or parts for sale. Use website directions and down load map. GPS is not reliable in these hills. Contact Brent by phone or email for questions or information.
High Country Motorcycle Camp
Located next to the Blue Ridge Parkway

765 Stoney Fork Rd.
Ferguson, NC 28624
[email protected]
336-973-3911

·
Registered
663 Posts
Sounds cool. I'm a little perplexed about GPS not being reliable. That's the beauty of satellites, they have a pretty good view of the world.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The location is in a valley. I don't know about GPS, but for cell service, you have to ride to a church parking lot, about 2 miles away. Years before, we would go to a convenient store (now closed down) about 6 miles, just to use cell phones. The joke is that it's so remote, sunshine has to be piped in. There's another rally there in June (gathering of the clans), which I posted. I forgot to post this one though. Brent Hollowell (owner), is the airmarshall for NC. It's really a great time, with the riding, scenery, and people all contributing. Too bad you're not closer, it's a good time.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump for a great gathering.... Mostly Airhead BMW's, but all are welcome. I'll be riding the FZ this year to this. The roads and people make this event.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts