Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a dealer with a good price on a 2015 FZ, but they don't see any matte gray ones available. I'm being told that they can't really order one, but just have to wait until one shows up as available. They also cannot find any available for dealer trade. They said that they're being underproduced. Anybody have experience with this? How long should I expect to wait?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
509 Posts
Guess it just depends on your area - there were several around here in the Dallas-Ft Worth area when I went to buy mine last week. If they can't give you an answer on projected availability, it really comes down to how long you're willing to wait or how far you're willing to drive. Maybe see if they can take a deposit to hold a bike for you to ensure you're inline for the next round of deliveries in your area?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Where are you? We still have one on the floor here in Tulsa. Had two til a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in Michigan, but the dealer is about 5 hours south in Indianapolis. Their price ($7900 otd) is what's drawing me down there.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Graduated high school from the southside of Indy - as many motorcycle dealers there are out there, I found it a little hard to believe there are none available in gray in that area. Sure enough, my very first search - Yamaha FZ-09 Flat Out Motorcycles Indianapolis, IN (317) 890-9110

Edit: Bah! It displayed as gray, but viewing their entire inventory, it looks like it's a yellow...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just saw one a the local dealership here around Airway Heights Washington.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I say look around your self and find one. Go back to that dealer and say there is one over at that dealer and they trade the bike on the floor for the one you want. That's how I got a Orange one.I don't know how far they will go with out charging a shipping fee. I think he's feeding you line of crap that he can't find one.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
World of Power sports in Decatur IL has one, last time I was in anyway. They also have a dealership in Peoria IL and Bloomington IL, which should be the same or slightly closer distance.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the tips guys! Ended up going with the Dreyer Motorsports mentioned above. Plenty of people had gray but this one had the lowest price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts