Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any Maryland FZ-09 owner installed a Saddleman seat? I'd like to sit on one before buying.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Has any Maryland FZ-09 owner installed a Saddleman seat? I'd like to sit on one before buying.

Where abouts in Maryland are you located??? I have Saddleman Tech seat and I live in South Eastern Pa. Lancaster County area. Its also for sale.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where abouts in Maryland are you located??? I have Saddleman Tech seat and I live in South Eastern Pa. Lancaster County area. Its also for sale.
not far from Frederick, MD which is an hour south of Harrisburg. what don't you like about it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
not far from Frederick, MD which is an hour south of Harrisburg. what don't you like about it?
Well, I have a bad lower back. I broke it in a auto accident over 30 years ago. Anyway the Saddleman has a similar profile as the stock seat which for me puts pressure in that area and causes discomfort. The seat is way more comfortable than that of the stocker however for me it doesn't quite work due to preexisting conditions.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I have a bad lower back. I broke it in a auto accident over 30 years ago. Anyway the Saddleman has a similar profile as the stock seat which for me puts pressure in that area and causes discomfort. The seat is way more comfortable than that of the stocker however for me it doesn't quite work due to preexisting conditions.
similar profile, eh? that has been one of my concerns. If you haven't sold it by spring time I'll ride up and check it out. Too cold to ride up now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm in Frederick but chose to forego the Saddleman to get a custom seat from Dual Sport Touring in Tennessee. image.jpg
It was about $240 w shipping. I'm quote happy as the comfort is better, passengers are MUCH happier and I think it maintains the slim line of the stock seat.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in Frederick but chose to forego the Saddleman to get a custom seat from Dual Sport Touring in Tennessee. View attachment 11294
It was about $240 w shipping. I'm quote happy as the comfort is better, passengers are MUCH happier and I think it maintains the slim line of the stock seat.
I'd like to check that out. The stock seat has to go but at 6'4" finding a decent seat isn't easy. I'll send you a PM.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Monty I like the looks of the dual sport seat so I went to their web site and couldn't find any info for the fz09 was it a special deal or do I need to call them thanks Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts