Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day#1 The pick the bike up day!

Stole the first one iff the show room floor. As the bike was push in the showroom I was walking behind. Few customer were like "This is the new FZ9!" I was Don't touch it... its mine! They were all smiling until they saw me sitting in it like I own it. LOL... actually did.

My turn to share all my mods at the same place. First thing I did when I got the FZ-09 was to mod the rear fender. I pretty much kept the original setup, just made it shorter. I didn't want to remove the whole thing since we get a fair amount of rain here. Also I wanted to keep the stock plastic that hold the signals.

Once all that done I ordered my Proton Flush Mount. I wanted to make sure they fit before ordering them... front and rear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2 weeks later and an oil change later I was ready for my dyno base run.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Then the real fun began!

Exhaust prototype was done. I did some riding around with the Autotune/LCD-200 setup has O2 seslnsor read out only. To get some data for the engineer at EJK fuel programmer.

2 weeks or so later I was getting this in the mail!

Experimentation and tuning turn on full steam!

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Second prototype and what would be "People's choice" exhaust... and currently own by our world famous CJ.

Include Dyno run.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I was all said and done... exhaust shipped to CJ. I did run the stock exhaust for a day to do the stock exhaust tune... and couldn't stand it. So I did my current exhaut using the Yoshimura R-55.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Then next was my HID headlight. Shipped ky headlight to my friend Chad at AHR. Cjad went waynout if his way on this built. He dis a fantastic job fitting this projector in there. Also swap the 2 running lights for amber leds and add an electronic widget (forgot the name) so those running lights can be use as signals too.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Since my ride was sad parked there for a bit over a week. More mods... I did some research on different options and took a $65.00 gamble on Ebay, 2008-10 ZX-10 rear shock assembly. Other than lightly trimming the plastic under tray and oversizing the bolt hole in n the C clamp side that goes over the swingarm... fit right in! Thr shock is 1/4" longer c/c and has a 510 lb/in spring with 3 way adjustments damping. LSB, HSB and REB. After about a week or so of experiment and playing with the adjuster/preload I think I can say I found a happy sweet spot for now. That was an excellent mod by the way. What ever route you decide to go... the OEM shock n3ed to come out IMO.

Cool GoPro action shot!

All fitted here... notice the fuel controller. :)

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the Spiegler SSteel front brake lines lines... flat black.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Upcoming mods...

.85 kg/mm fork spring (Soltec)
Serinted EBC brake pads from Solomotoparts
LED signal relay
And more to come later... getting broke! LOL

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oups! Forgot that little guy...

Before...

And after. Danmoto, fit the FZ8. I had to build a bracket for it. Look much better.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Oups! Forgot that little guy...

Before...

And after. Danmoto, fit the FZ8. I had to build a bracket for it. Look much better.

I see no reason to get rid of the urine cup...

j/k, your mods are very tasteful, bike looks great. Im surprised how much I like the headlight, is the illumination really that much better?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Won't the HH pads chew up the OEM rotors pretty bad?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Won't the HH pads chew up the OEM rotors pretty bad?
Who cares! LOL You're right, they are a bite more aggressive on the rotors. But I pound 43K on my 6R, those pads have been there for most of it... I'll swap bike before I ran out of rotors. EBC are working on rotors I believe... I got 2 email from them and one of them was doing mention of new goodies in the making.

Haven't ride really at night yet. I will later... still at work!

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Hummm??? I tough that was going to be an easy one with the springs. I did it few time on the FZ6R but I think I'm missing something here... I loosen up the cap but can't pull it up. Feel like an idiot, I'm sure it easy. I guess I'll wait for a how to.

Ah, got it now! Kind of learning every day... I do now understand the spring preload tool. Ok, won't happen tonight! LOL

1 - 20 of 231 Posts