Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it was a good run i belive i was the mileage king sitting at about 12700 till 2 weeks ago left work on my way to lunch and no less then half a mile down the road a girl pulled in front of me she didnt see me i guess but there was nothing i could do to miss her i was going about 45 thankfully im still here ended up having to get my spleen removed colapsed lung broken collar bone which now has 9 screws and a plate in it busted up knee and some very sore ribs and the spleen removal left me with 26 staples in my gut was in icu for 4 days got out 3 days later but was very sore im much better now its been another week as for the bike its totaled it tumbled down the road up the side walk and about 20 feet in the dirt i will miss the bike i had no insurance so im kinda screwed just thought id let yall know.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It sounds like it's her fault so her insurance should take care of you and a new bike. Good luck and get better.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Holy crap! 9.gif Soooooo sorry to hear about this, but also very glad you're still with us. Hope this incident doesn't prompt you to hang up your motorcycling spurs.

It sounds like it's her fault so her insurance should take care of you and a new bike.
^This.

Does she have insurance? ....because that's all that matters.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Very sorry to hear. Glad you're with us and able to tell your story.

Find yourself some good doctors and an Excellent Attorney ASAP.

Best of Luck Bro

Reactions: fz9-tx-guy

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Bummer, sorry to here you're down. Time to lawyer-up.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Rough news to hear. Heal quickly and well, most importantly. Hope there is some financial recovery for you as well.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
unfortunately she did not have insurance either and as for hanging up the spurs im not going to im deffinatly more worried about traffic now but i got my bmw k100 in the garage when im good enough to ride it will be my daily again im just really hoping it wont happen again crashing when its your own fault is one thing but when it happens like that theres nothing i could do shitty luck i guess.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Oh crap! Sorry to hear about your accident but glad you're above ground with us. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
511 Posts
What is it with cagers? The other day I had a lady in a Camry look right at me and then turn left right in front of me. Barely missed her. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Guess I'm kinda glad Colorado has insurance laws. No insurance no plates. Get well soon.

·
Registered
336 Posts
She may not have insurance, but her parents, grandparents, family etc....somebody has to pay and it shouldn't be YOU? Lawyer-up as said earlier, and even if she doesn't have any money, she has a job, and you can get her wages garnished. The lawyers are free often times and take a percentage of the award but your upfront costs should be minimal. Get well brother.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Did police report declare it her fault or your fault or noone's fault? If she is at fault here according to the police report, you need to talk to her to pay for your bike and your medical bills. If she doesnt have the money or doesn't want to pay, you need to get a lawyer right away. I know it doesn't feel right to put another human being in this situation, but she took the risk to drive on public roads without insurance and she should pay for it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dude I am truly sorry that you had such an accident. I am glad that you are still here to talk about it. If you want/need to talk pm me and I will be glad to call and talk. I understand how the hours of boredom can get in your head.

Feel better and don't worry about the bills they will get sorted out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts