Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going to the motorcycle show this Sunday in Malibu? Any one ever been to it in years past that can give some info on it?

Here is the link to the site: FastDates.com - The Los Angeles Calendar Motorcycle Show - Press, Media, News Information

Since I am in the area and ride those roads all of the time, I am thinking of stopping by and checking it out.

Anyone up for a meet up and tour of the best roads in the Santa Monica Mountains (Stunt, Latigo, Mulholland, The Snake, etc, etc etc) prior to the show?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Anyone going to the motorcycle show this Sunday in Malibu? Any one ever been to it in years past that can give some info on it?

Here is the link to the site: FastDates.com - The Los Angeles Calendar Motorcycle Show - Press, Media, News Information

Since I am in the area and ride those roads all of the time, I am thinking of stopping by and checking it out.

Anyone up for a meet up and tour of the best roads in the Santa Monica Mountains (Stunt, Latigo, Mulholland, The Snake, etc, etc etc) prior to the show?
I'm up for that. Hoping to leave my house in South Orange county around 7 AM

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, I just found out that this show is more of a custom chopper/mega chrome sorta show for guys who like to polish and shine their bikes more than ride them.

While I can appreciate the art of some highly custom bikes, I prefer ones made to ride instead of pose.

If you guys still want to meet up for a ride beforehand, I am for sure willing to meet up and tour all of the canyons in the area - and then stop by the show and see if it is worth going in or not after riding.

If you guys are still wanting to ride - just let me know - and OrangeBlaze, since you are coming from the farthest away - we can set the time/place somewhere that is most convenient for you.

If you shoot me a PM it will go to my email - so that I can make sure to respond quickly.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Im not going just to see the bikes..

Kirk, can you meet me an Orange Blaze off Topanga canyon?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure.

To make it easy - lets meet right off the fwy at Starbucks.

Here is a link to a map: https://goo.gl/maps/J45fw

[h=1]Starbucks[/h]5422 Topanga Canyon Blvd
Woodland Hills, CA 91364

Orangeblaze says he is leaving RSM at 7am - I would think at that time of the day it would be right around an hour or so to get there.

So lets meet around 8am?

Open to other suggestions or options if you guys have them.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I wish I can join, I'm currently over seas and won't be back till August 5th. Enjoy guys and be safe

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yeah I hear there is going to be some good eye candy at this cycle show in Malibu. I already bought my ticket so I'm going after our morning ride. I will need to rest before driving home anyway. Good way to break up the day. Just to confirm I'm meeting you guys at Starbucks at 5422 Topanga canyon off the 101?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
yea, that works. If you want, on the way back I can give you tour of the east end of mulholland.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
good times for sure, great riding.

I need to upload my pics, but here some others from the snake. In case you haven't seen her, theres a cute girl with a camera that hides in obscure places up there. Here is a link to her flickr account, there are some pics of Orange Blaze and I. There was also another FZ-09 up there that we missed.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sherarich/sets/72157645816190695/page3/

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks guys that was a blast. The flicker girl is selling photos also i gather? I bought a pic from the rock store guy for $10. He charges more for a download then a print. I don't understand why. Ink plus photo paper costs more than the download. I can scan it if I want it on computer I guess. Rock store guys photos look better than flicker girl.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys that was a blast. The flicker girl is selling photos also i gather? I bought a pic from the rock store guy for $10. He charges more for a download then a print. I don't understand why. Ink plus photo paper costs more than the download. I can scan it if I want it on computer I guess. Rock store guys photos look better than flicker girl.
This is pretty common for them to do. The reason is that once you have a copy of the high resolution photo - you can do whatever you want - make a 1000 prints and cover a whole wall if you want. So the photographer basically loses any ability to try to make money on the deal any more. But on the other hand, if you buy prints, he can make out on each one.

What they should do though is make it so that for X price you get all of the shots of you, but of course it would be hard with the way the online cart works - hard to tell which are images of the same person.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I read some stuff about that super leggra. Absolutely awesome. Still curious if those wheels were all carbon fiber on that GP bike we saw. Different subject but that R1 we saw at Mulholland was a later model obviously 2009 or later with the cross plane crank. I guess the R1 bikes I've heard running don't have the cross plane crank. What a difference! The crank shaft is a big part of what makes the FZ09 triple engine so great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts