Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Making a video. Looking for suggestions!

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  onthemove 
#1 ·
Hey guys! I would have liked to post this in the "General Discussion" area, because I would get a broader spectrum of viewers, but hopefully this will do!

Just wondering what you guys think about this "teaser", its basically a rough rough draft. I met up with my cousin one day and we just went out and grabbed some footage, and he threw it together quick.

I already know what could be changed, such as doing all these first scenes when its darker, to match the narration better. What im looking for is suggestions from you guys on how we should go about recording everything else. Im not really sure how long of a video we are going for. Hopefully it sparks some interest.

Here it is. My cousin did all the video taping/video editing/etc. (im not a big fan of the music):

and yes, i need to work on my wheelies!

#4 ·
Just my opinion...but I've already seen a thousand guys doing poor wheelies on a bike...and really I'm not impressed.

If you want to make a good video...it might be a good idea to aquire some skill first. Trackday vids where you catch and pass the next guy...and have good form and good lines are great. That takes skill. Wheelies are lame.

#5 ·
This isn't meant to be a "wheelie" video. It's supposed to be something fun for me, and something for my cousin to use to get used to his camera and see his limitations. If you read the original post, I acknowledge the wheelie.

As far as track time goes. I can only dream right now. Between work and family shit, I barely get to enjoy my time on the streets.

Thanks though.

#7 ·
Needs more wheelies.

#8 ·
I didn't mind the video at all I would of loved to see more of the bike tho. He did a good job on editing the video and man keep doing the wheelies if that's what you like. Great job done by the two of you.

Sometimes if you have nothing good to say you shouldn't say anything.

#10 ·
Add some burn outs with lots of smoke at night with some backlighting. Try to get a video of you doing about 100mph going past the police sitting in a patrol car (on a closed course)....that would be the dark side.

Reactions: onthemove
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.