Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
the fly screen looks allright, I just cant get over the big one...it just looks silly to me.

That guy really rocks the 80's death metal hair-do, lol.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There email said not on site quite yet , im wating , I have been in contact with them

·
Registered
554 Posts
I like the little one a lot. The big one not so much. I wonder if they have a slightly bigger one? Thanks for putting this up.

Daniel

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yea,Madstad is the ticket with their tilt and height adjustability.McMann I'm sure that the '04-11 Vstrom windscreens will work with the Madstad.
I took your lead and ordered a 2"+ Moose Vstrom windscreen for $65 shipped.
Save some dough compared to Madstad's $130 18" adventure screen.
That's the beauty of Madstad,in that it will accept a multitude of windscreens.
BTW,Madstad's are not compatible with 2012+ Vstrom windscreens.
Say,McMann what is the height of your Vstrom windshield,if you dont mind checking? Thanks.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Update: as I just ordered the Madstad.The flyscreen offered is a fixed position.
The adjustable bracket has a dual design in that there is a fixed bracket that bolts to the bike and then the adjustable part
so the cost is higher at $179.They will cut their touring screen,that is made for this bracket,to whatever height you want.
1st generation Vstrom windscreens(Mcmann) will work you just have to drill mounting holes.
Returning customer's get 10% off.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yea,Madstad is the ticket with their tilt and height adjustability.McMann I'm sure that the '04-11 Vstrom windscreens will work with the Madstad.
I took your lead and ordered a 2"+ Moose Vstrom windscreen for $65 shipped.
Save some dough compared to Madstad's $130 18" adventure screen.
That's the beauty of Madstad,in that it will accept a multitude of windscreens.
BTW,Madstad's are not compatible with 2012+ Vstrom windscreens.
Say,McMann what is the height of your Vstrom windshield,if you dont mind checking? Thanks.
My stock V-Strom shield is 15.5" high 16.5" wide (measured from the center). I have the +4" Moose Racing Screen on my DL650. It is the same width. The Madstad bracket is a great idea:

It looks like you have to buy two pieces . . . Which makes it a very tall bracket assy . . . I prefer my home-made H-bracket . . . No buffeting and great wind protection.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Oh wow,that is a serious standoff.I might put my order on hold for now,not real crazy either about that.
Where did you acquire that pic? Must be from Madstaff. Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yep . . . Their website. They should make a separate adjustable bracket designed for V-Strom shields that is similar to the V-Strom Madstad.

Plus, they should use a clear tank protector . . . To show off the race stripe on the gas tank:

Clear tank protector:

[/

·
Registered
89 Posts
The Moose +4" Strom shield works perfectly with the H bracket (see below):

Madstad sells their base separately . . . which is very well made and also bolts to the triple clamp mount.
I will make an adapter plate for the base and my H bracket. Plus, order the +2" Moose Racing shield so I have several options.

The Moose Racing acrylic shield is very durable with no flex.

Just got my Madstad base . . . Very nice 6 pt. mount.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts