Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the G2 Street Tamer Throttle Tube last night and was really shocked with the difference it made in the snatchy throttle. A mode now is useable without the total on-off feeling it had before. Install took about 15 mins. tops and couldn't be happier.:D

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have the updated factory ECU flash?
Nope, don't want the Dealer touching my bike. I had Vcycle flash my 2011 R1 I had and really want him to flash my 09, just hooking up with him to do it is my problem. Bike is my only trans. so I have to ride down and hook up with him to do it. G2 made hugh diff. in snatchy throttle. But would like to get rid of braking though.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i'm thinking i'm going to go this route as well - you said the install was fairly easy but is it easy for a mechanical idiot such as myself?

As a side note - is your forum handle a Steely Dan reference?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm thinking i'm going to go this route as well - you said the install was fairly easy but is it easy for a mechanical idiot such as myself?

As a side note - is your forum handle a Steely Dan reference?
Yep, Steely Dan is #1 old school. Just remove bar end, remove 2 allen blots, remove cables from old tube,install new tube, reinstall cables, reinstall 2 bolts, grip, bar end, check throttle play and adj if ness. Enjoy. Go on Utube and watch install video.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Yep, Steely Dan is #1 old school. Just remove bar end, remove 2 allen blots, remove cables from old tube,install new tube, reinstall cables, reinstall 2 bolts, grip, bar end, check throttle play and adj if ness. Enjoy. Go on Utube and watch install video.
awesome - thanks - think i will do this before the riding season starts here.

They are coming to NJ in August - just bought tickets for myself and my wife last night - i'm pumped!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awesome - thanks - think i will do this before the riding season starts here.

They are coming to NJ in August - just bought tickets for myself and my wife last night - i'm pumped!
You'll really enjoy the concert. Santana is coming here, going to get tickets today hopefully.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Factory Flash fixes the snatch without spending a penny... It's well worth it...
Really did not want Dealership "techs" messing with my bike. They can't even adj. drive chain on pre delivery inspection.

Reactions: beck and Alley Oop

·
Registered
654 Posts
what bike did you order it for, revzilla not showing it as a match to an FZ09, with our odd sized handlebars I want to be sure

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what bike did you order it for, revzilla not showing it as a match to an FZ09, with our odd sized handlebars I want to be sure
I ordered straight from G2 Ergonomics. You enter from drop down boxes bike, year, ect., free shipping, took 3 days to get to Florida.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
272 Posts
People who don't get the re flash for free are realy missing the boat, it makes a huge difference just read Aprils issue of motorcyclist. All the shop does is plug into the ecu without any tools, anyone in the Bay Area Berkeley Honda Yamaha is the place to go. Also it has no surging on the highway that I've read about with some aftermarket flashes. RR. :cool:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Cam number?

I installed the G2 Street Tamer Throttle Tube last night and was really shocked with the difference it made in the snatchy throttle. A mode now is useable without the total on-off feeling it had before. Install took about 15 mins. tops and couldn't be happier.:D
Do you remember what cam number you got?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
People who don't get the re flash for free are realy missing the boat, it makes a huge difference just read Aprils issue of motorcyclist. All the shop does is plug into the ecu without any tools, anyone in the Bay Area Berkeley Honda Yamaha is the place to go. Also it has no surging on the highway that I've read about with some aftermarket flashes. RR. :cool:
A good aftermarket flash can improve performance in ways Yamaha would never do and neither Stoltec nor vcyclenut cause surging on the highway.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have the G2 and factory re-flash which has transformed the bike. Couldn't be happier with the bike after doing these mods.
Same here, installed mine last week. Also mine is a 2015 with the 2 Wheel Dyno Works flash.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts