Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals. I'm Madala and I just joined the forum. I'm picking up a brand new 2014 FZ-09 leftover tomorrow. It's Blazing Orange and I paid $7,255.00. The orange color is amazing! Photos don't do it justice.

I am 67 years young and have been riding on the road and dirt since 1965. That's pushing 50 years. Just in recent years (10-12 or so) I have or have had: 2 R-1's, ZX-14, KTM Super Duke, FJR 1300, FZ1 and too many Duel Sports and dirt bikes to count.

Can't wait to get the FZ-09 tomorrow and start tinkering. Let the mods begin !

Just so you know, I am happy as hell to be here and I'm sure I'll learn a lot from you guys. Thanks for having me. I really appreciate it. Madala

P.S. - I am a disabled Vietnam vet and just want to say welcome home and God bless to all you veterans that may be on this forum.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. You're gonna love the FZ. Share some pics when you can. And enjoy the ride home.

·
Registered
59 Posts
welcome sir

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Thank you for your service and welcome to the forum........AND......congrats on getting the new FZ. You are soon going to realize that there are several (actually, quite a few) "older" riders on here, myself included. I just turned 60 last month and ride a FZ09. My wife is 62 and rides an FZ07.

Look around here on the forum and explore the many different areas/sections of the forum. Many, many of the questions that you may have, may already be answered. Lots of members have added tutorials and how to's on everything from maint. to modding and there is an absolute wealth of knowledge on here pertaining to almost everything FZ. Welcome!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Thank you for your service! Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new bike!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To Triplethreat & Old Man. Glad to hear from you young Whippersnappers ! Remember-Age is ONLY a number.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
To Triplethreat & Old Man. Glad to hear from you young Whippersnappers ! Remember-Age is ONLY a number.
How well I know! I'm 92 years old every morning when I wake up. A shower and a cup of coffee and I'm about 70. One more cup for the drive to work and when I arrive, I'm 60 again. I go through this every morning

Reactions: MoFZio and Thantos

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome to the forum Madala! :) A great deal indeed... the orange is awesome in the sun (but the red one caught my eye). :thumbsup:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Welcome! I hope that you enjoy tinkering, because there's an assemblage of that sort a bout. Retired Marine here.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Welcome fellow vet! This is a great site for a great bike. I passed on a used graphite/burple for the same price you paid and ended up getting a 2015 Matt grey. Winter here, so Mine is still has less than 50 miles. Can't wait for decent weather. Many very nice mod options available. Given your experience, you will likely be doing a bunch of them. I would think suspension will be high on your list. You have plenty of reading here to help figure out your best solution on that one. Welcome also from our generation. I'm 66 this month, retired for over three years and living the good life. If you don't mind sharing, add your location to your profile.

Cheers!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Welcome! Love the orange and even more at that price! Good job. Thanks for your service to our country and enjoy your new baby.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Welcome Madala! It's always good to get another FZer on board. This bike is UFB! ( un F#*king believable)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome! I just got here too and my red 09 was just delivered yesterday. Can't wait to sneak a December ride!

Jim

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to the Machine!
Interested in hearing your thoughts on the engine/power... compared to what else you've owned. Nice selection of toys there.
Again, welcome and thank you for your service. Prior service here.
Enjoy!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts