Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that shorty means short, and such, but what is the benefit of folding? I see some adjustable ones, but the shorty folding ones are 10 bucks more.

What is the benefit of folding?

Thinking about ordering a set, or may go with a more expensive brand, if the quality is worth it.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
folding is good if you drop the bike.. instead of breaking the lever it folds allowing you to ride home.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
folding is good if you drop the bike.. instead of breaking the lever it folds allowing you to ride home.
Ahhh! Got it!

That may be a consideration, then. Everyone seems to dig the Mad Hornets, although the ASVs and such don't seem much more expensive. Decisions, decisions.. :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Levers are one thing, but changing out the whole perch and lever is the best thing to do.

I recently compared an FZ-09 with stock levers and one with aftermarket lever and perch. The difference in feel was huge. Its a bit more money but you get the best feeling clutch.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Levers are one thing, but changing out the whole perch and lever is the best thing to do.

I recently compared an FZ-09 with stock levers and one with aftermarket lever and perch. The difference in feel was huge. Its a bit more money but you get the best feeling clutch.
What part is considered the perch? Do any levers come with this? If not, where are aftermarket perches sold?

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Perches are what hold the lever to the bike. The lever slides into the perch. I use a shorty on the brake, and a long clutch lever. I have the long clutch lever for when I am stuck in traffic and can use all of my fingers when my hand gets fatigued. We have the worst [email protected]#&ing drivers in the world in Tennessee, and I sit on the interstate because of crashes every time I ride.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Here is what I'm talking about..

the Brembo

the Galespeed I tested on a FZ09

Reactions: Ottoman

·
Registered
192 Posts
Perches are what hold the lever to the bike. The lever slides into the perch. I use a shorty on the brake, and a long clutch lever. I have the long clutch lever for when I am stuck in traffic and can use all of my fingers when my hand gets fatigued. We have the worst [email protected]#&ing drivers in the world in Tennessee, and I sit on the interstate because of crashes every time I ride.
And 40 is a trap thru the mountains. 20 miles of winding interstate with barely an exit.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Come on Doug. Everyone knows that Perches are where the birdies sit. Lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts