Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I cannot stop riding my bike now, I have had the M4 exhaust for about a week and have rode about 300 miles with it so far. I am pretty impressed with tbe sound and definitely recommend this as a good bang for your buck exhaust system. If you have not saw the video yet the link is down below.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Thanks for the video....that exhaust has a very nice sound. Having said that, your neighbors probably are hatin' on you about now :cool: and there is something that is just terrible wrong with what you just posted....

The damn temperature display was showing .......77 degrees.......it's the middle of WINTER for crying out loud......at least for many of us! Nice.

Reactions: nickv09

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the video....that exhaust has a very nice sound. Having said that, your neighbors probably are hatin' on you about now :cool: and there is something that is just terrible wrong with what you just posted....

The damn temperature display was showing .......77 degrees.......it's the middle of WINTER for crying out loud......at least for many of us! Nice.

Right there with y'all...
l.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the weather in awesome in AZ right now haha sorry guys. This video is with the sound insert installed, without the insert it is insanely loud.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am about to get the same exahust. I am hesitant about it because of the tick in the engine. If I install the M4 and the tick becomes an issue the dealership has to fix. What is the likelihood that they will blame the cause of the tick on the modified stock exshust.

·
Registered
276 Posts
so I cannot stop riding my bike now, I have had the M4 exhaust for about a week and have rode about 300 miles with it so far. I am pretty impressed with tbe sound and definitely recommend this as a good bang for your buck exhaust system. If you have not saw the video yet the link is down below.

This is a slip on, right?
It sounds good! Did you have to do anything to the fueling?

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
I am about to get the same exahust. I am hesitant about it because of the tick in the engine. If I install the M4 and the tick becomes an issue the dealership has to fix. What is the likelihood that they will blame the cause of the tick on the modified stock exshust.
I guess anything is possible with some dealers, but unless they are total morons that don't have a clue about engines, there is absolutely NO way the two could be related. And, if your dealer was to blame the exhaust, it's time to find a new dealer.....cause they are morons! That clear it up for ya? :cool:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
take your bike in for warranty, I had my chain tensioner replaced because of the same tick.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[totalRazzle;23302]Sounds great and looks awsome too!! Was it a easy install?[/QUOTE]

install was super easy it took me 1 hour total and I probably ground in the weld a little excessively. the nice thing is the slip on goes both on the inside and the outside of the head pipe, for a very nice fit.

·
Registered
55 Posts
take your bike in for warranty, I had my chain tensioner replaced because of the same tick.
Did Yamaha come out with a new part for the cam chain tensioner.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Did Yamaha come out with a new part for the cam chain tensioner.
yeah i believe they did because when i took mine in they called yamaha and yamaha told them to replace it for me with a new part i don't have the part number but yamaha acknowledged that this is a problem that they are seeing but they also said it was not damaging just a annoying.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
yeah i believe they did because when i took mine in they called yamaha and yamaha told them to replace it for me with a new part i don't have the part number but yamaha acknowledged that this is a problem that they are seeing but they also said it was not damaging just a annoying.

^^^^^ See post #15 above.

Reactions: ca1192trd

·
Registered
224 Posts
[totalRazzle;23302]Sounds great and looks awsome too!! Was it a easy install?
install was super easy it took me 1 hour total and I probably ground in the weld a little excessively. the nice thing is the slip on goes both on the inside and the outside of the head pipe, for a very nice fit.[/QUOTE]

It looks like to me that the hardest part is the removal and re-install of the headers!
The stock FZ-09 exhaust seems to perform well,so the slip-on is a great add on plus weight loss!

1 - 20 of 115 Posts