Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my M4 exhaust today and looking for some input form members that have the exhaust.

It sounds awesome IMO...but when i put my hand right by where the exhaust clamps to the header..i feel air blowing out of it...Ive tightened the thing as far as i can and there is still air blowing out of that area...now it doesnt sound like i have an exhaust leak at all and the bike drives fine.

Just wondering if thats normal or is it leaking there?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Grab some of this and put it in between the pipes at the connection point...I'm pretty sure its whats recommended to use

http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-8187...&qid=1409705258&sr=8-4&keywords=copper+sealer

also, make sure you have the pipe nice and smooth..it was a bitch to get all the weld off, but its very important that you do ..and clean the inside also, as the connection point slips inside the pipe too as you probably know

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks..i definitely forgot to put the high-temp silicone in between the pipes...just did it so now i have to wait an hour for it to dry and 24 hours before i use the bike.

I was planning on the driving the bike tonight though..do you have to wait the full 24 hours?

·
Registered
429 Posts
If you do it right (smooth off ALL the weld inside and out) you shouldn't need high temp silicone. Just the antisieze stuff they include. Also you can test for leaks by taking a towel and blocking off the end of the muffler for a second. If there is a leak, you'll hear it

·
Registered
429 Posts
The silicone is added assurance but you should focus on getting it right without it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts