Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered an m4 slip on. Before you say it I was on a budget so It was all I could afford. But I'm wondering before I install it, I don't want my bike running lean.
That being said I'm looking for the add on best suited for fixing this issue.
So- power commander, or efi
All answers greatly appreciated!
Thanks

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
The EJK controller is a great way to tune your bike and it gives you some flexibility to tune it if you ride with or without a DBK. We got the tune done for the M4... waiting on the final numbers to update my list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Marthy / Stoltec question since above posts were separate and didn't combine the two:
I already have the Stoltec flash for a stock bike, which I love and would re-invest if another flash was needed. If you add an M4 Slip On, would a Stoltec flash including a map specific to the M4 mean that a EJK controller would not be necessary? Which of the 3 options is "optimal":
1) Add an M4 and then go with just a Stoltec flash including the M4 map
2) Add an M4 and then go with just an EJK (Power Commander or similar)
3) Add an M4, get the Stoltec flash including the M4 map plus add the EJK for the additional flexibility

·
Registered
555 Posts
And the fact that the stock headers through exploration by Nick and Nels seem to work extremely well in terms of getting more ooomph out of them. They are by far one of the nicest stock headers I have seen in a long while, and will be keeping mine if I can resist the urge to splurge lol.

That M4 is looking more and more sweet by the day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The EJK controller is a great way to tune your bike and it gives you some flexibility to tune it if you ride with or without a DBK. We got the tune done for the M4... waiting on the final numbers to update my list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Marthy thank you for the reply, ejk is for sure in my near future , just waiting on my exhaust, can't wait to get more sound out of this monster!

And thanks for all the input fellas

·
Registered
323 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts