Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some pictures to show how much it sticks out, which isn't much.

Exhaust is 9.25 Lbs, which is 8.75 lighter than stock ( 18 Lbs. )

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Prep:

A fair amount grinding of the weld.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I like the way that it sits. Very nice.

Is that with or without the baffle, and have you any further tuning/tuner or is it the stock fuel mapping?

Install would have not gone smoothly without that ***** by the way, good call.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the way that it sits. Very nice.

Is that with or without the baffle, and have you any further tuning/tuner or is it the stock fuel mapping?

Install would have not gone smoothly without that ***** by the way, good call.
Just barely installed, tonight, so stock map and baffle in place.

I will try it with the smog hoses blocked or block off plates.

Power Commander may come later.

Reactions: Poogamer69

·
Registered
555 Posts
Just barely installed, tonight, so stock map and baffle in place.

I will try it with the smog hoses blocked or block off plates.

Power Commander may come later.
Sounds awesome, even with baffle in I reckon.

Only asked about mapping as some say you do need a remap/power commander, some say you dont including M4 themselves......but they are just trying to make a sale so that is a given. Just worried about lean running conditions is all really if i do decide to go this route, however I cant imagine it would be all that much of a change in AFR........I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wish there was some closure on this subject. I grew up in the racing community and raced myself. The thought for me is that if you change anything with the way a bike breathes then an adjustment of fuel to air ratio must be sorted. I spoke to local bike shop that had put a 2bros exhaust on someone's bike and told me they made no changes. Well, to me. If you change the exhaust to have more air coming through, I would of thought you would need more petrol so it's not leaning out.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I wish there was some closure on this subject. I grew up in the racing community and raced myself. The thought for me is that if you change anything with the way a bike breathes then an adjustment of fuel to air ratio must be sorted. I spoke to local bike shop that had put a 2bros exhaust on someone's bike and told me they made no changes. Well, to me. If you change the exhaust to have more air coming through, I would of thought you would need more petrol so it's not leaning out.
Yep, that has always been my understanding as well.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The O - 2 sensor may be compensating to some degree ?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
any time the 'eco' indicator comes on, the fi is running in closed loop mode so will try to set mixture to 14.7:1. lowish rpm's and smallish throttle openings, i.e. cruise mode.

everywhere else, it's open loop.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seems like a Power Commander may be in order for 13.5 : 1 , then.

Reactions: Poogamer69

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the same exhaust but haven't installed it yet. How loud is it compared to the stock exhaust when riding around? Is it noticeably louder while riding? Need ear plugs?

I ask because I put a M4 on my old gsxr and it set off car alarms in parking garages...it was crazy loud.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have the same exhaust but haven't installed it yet. How loud is it compared to the stock exhaust when riding around? Is it noticeably louder while riding? Need ear plugs?

I ask because I put a M4 on my old gsxr and it set off car alarms in parking garages...it was crazy loud.
It's really not that bad.

·
Registered
238 Posts

With deci-damper installed it's not too bad, with it out, it's LOUD!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I assume that they are just referring to the the DB Killer plug that comes in the exhaust tip. It can be removed to make the exhaust louder.

·
Registered
730 Posts
dB killer.... dB=deciBels. Yes, the spelling IS correct.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts