Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
That looks really nice. Nice job. Did you modify the foam at all to make it more comfortable or did the stock setup not bother you?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks really nice. Nice job. Did you modify the foam at all to make it more comfortable or did the stock setup not bother you?
We didnt attempt their "Gold Gel" insert option because we havent had many issues with the comfort yet.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Motovation is in Austin?!!?!? Holy crap.

You are also super close to me. How is the storefront? A little late to check it out today, but I can totally swing by tomorrow.

Yay, a new place to throw my money!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been looking to get one. How will it be in the weather?

Well, we have installed these on the past 5 of our custom bike builds without any issues, but most of those bikes end up in showrooms and dont see 100% outdoor situations. However, Luimoto uses a high grade marine vinyl and synthetic "grippy" material, and they claim you wont have any issues with weather if cleaned and protected properly.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm definitely going to pick up that seat cover...been looking at it for over a month now; however, I so don't know if I should go gel or not. No real issues with stock seat...I just hate to upgrade and not go all out. Anybody field tested this gold gel?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I'm jealous you can keep your bike in your office.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no elevation added with just the standard seat cover that we installed....with the gel insert, if you watch the video of installation....it doesnt appear that it would add any elevation.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No added foam, just the thickness of the fabric (which is very minimal)

The seat cover fits so tight and perfect, I dont think you could get any foam in there.

·
Registered
Batmobile
815 Posts
They still sell these, and they're a replacement for your seat cover. Pull off old vinyl and staple gun this bad boy on.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Damn, I cant get over that ill-fitting front trim piece near the tank, is it suede? It completely ruins the look of the rest of the seat.🤮

·
Registered
857 Posts
I agree on the transition, but all in all not a bad looking cover. And you can do color coordination for a custom look.

Ride sane

1 - 18 of 18 Posts