Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all.

Was heading to Sears after work to pick up some new tools to help with motorcycle work...how fitting.

This parking lot is shit to begin with. Was coming in off the main road and making a left at the stop sign onto the inner circle road around the mall. Car completely blows the stop to go straight across to exit the "mall circle". Ended up laying it down. No damage to his car. My left side got pretty scraped up, no leaks though.

He stopped, and was definitely shaken up. The adrenalin was pumping through me. Didn't feel the slight pain in my foot until maybe 15 minutes after the incident. Cops came and blah blah blah. Said they're going to try and look at the camera's but I'm not holding my breath. I'm bummed about the bike, but even more bummed that I opted not to turn my GoPro on...

Anyways, I'm fine. I guess that's the important thing.

Here are some pics of the damage.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Totally sucks man. At least it's still ride-able.

I don't think the cops can do much (as far as assigning blame) since parking lots are considered private property and "rules of the road" don't apply.

I would consider attempting to get a hold of the parking lot footage myself.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
glad your okay.. that suck though.

did you bike have any frame sliders on it?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yikes - so sorry to hear this. May I ask what mall ? At least most of it looks easy to fix / replace. how is your foot?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Glad you are OK. Could have been a lot worse if you were a couple seconds earlier...

I suggest you take the bike to the dealer and have them write up an estimate ASAP. Then make a claim on the a-hole's insurance.

Why did you fall? I get that you were avoiding the a-hole that cut you off but what caused the fall? Lock-up the front or the rear or both?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the kind words y'all. It could have been a lot worse, I'm glad it wasn't.

Is a lawyer really necessary in such a situation? This is the first "accident" I've ever been in. Car and motorcycle.

Yikes - so sorry to hear this. May I ask what mall ? At least most of it looks easy to fix / replace. how is your foot?
Quakerbridge Mall. Yea, mostly just covers. The two big things would probably be the dent in the tank where the emblem smashed the ground and the fact that the handlebars are slightly out of alignment. Not sure if something is bent or if the clamp just needs a tweak. My foot is okay, thanks for asking! Feels like a pulled muscle. Advil and ice for the night, will see how it feels in the morning.

Glad you are OK. Could have been a lot worse if you were a couple seconds earlier...

I suggest you take the bike to the dealer and have them write up an estimate ASAP. Then make a claim on the a-hole's insurance.

Why did you fall? I get that you were avoiding the a-hole that cut you off but what caused the fall? Lock-up the front or the rear or both?
Yea, probably going to take it to the dealer tomorrow after work and have them take a look at it. I can do that? Again, please excuse my ignorance for this is my first accident.

I was mid left turn and leaned over. Saw that he wasn't stopping so it was either slam into him or bring it to a slide. Pretty sure I hit the front brakes and just heard the tire squeal and slide out from under me, slamming the tank and handlebars into the ground.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Sorry to hear this, but glad you are pretty much OK...only minor stuff. Being leaned over and trying to brake hard is usually not going to have a happy ending. Obviously I wasn't there, but one of the possibilities could maybe (like I said, I wasn't there) trying to stand it up, at least somewhat, and getting on the brakes hard. It's a tough call and I'm certainly NOT trying to second guess you here. Again, sorry to hear about this.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry to hear this, but glad you are pretty much OK...only minor stuff. Being leaned over and trying to brake hard is usually not going to have a happy ending. Obviously I wasn't there, but one of the possibilities could maybe (like I said, I wasn't there) trying to stand it up, at least somewhat, and getting on the brakes hard. It's a tough call and I'm certainly NOT trying to second guess you here. Again, sorry to hear about this.
No worries! I keep going over the scenario in my head and that probably could have been an option. I only saw two in that split second and made my choice hahaha. You live and you learn.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Ahh dude, that sucks so bad! I hate to bring it up, but I thought your bike was so clean and well modded....its a damn shame to scar up such a beauty.

But yes, it could have been worse, glad you were not hurt. Hopefully you get her back to cherry quickly.

Here is a big FU to car drivers who like to blow stop signs and cause motorcycles to crash!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Glad you are in good shape. Hope the foot isn't killing you in the morning when the Advil and Budweiser wear off..
all kidding aside.. Glad you are ok. And I would definitely be contacting his insurance. Good luck man.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts