Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to Knight Designs to see if their FZ1 lowering pegs would work with the FZ-09.
They are going to get back with me after viewing the parts fiche.
They offer different colored pegs along with gold that would be nice cause it would match the forks.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
I'd like to raise my footpegs 3/4" or so. I suppose that eventually, some one will come up with adjustable rearsets, but they will be over $400. I did see that the European website for Yamaha has some adjustable footpegs........you may want to check them out.....WARNING.......they are pricey.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Not yet, but I saw a couple of pictures of me going through Deals Gap two weekends ago, and it was very close. I will most likely take the peg feelers off and that should give me another little bit of clearance, but in all honesty, I wasn't trying to bend it over too far, as that was my very first time on the new Q3's and I wasn't sure of what to expect of them. After that day, when I was at Barber last weekend coaching, I ended up bumping a Novice to Intermediate group and he was running the Q3's on his track bike and let's just say........he corners low! So, I'm still getting acclimated to the tires, but I would say that there will come a day when the pegs are going to give a little sparky show behind me. :)

Reactions: marthy and v2Bob

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I like raising pegs, and I usually grind off the threaded portion of the feelers if they are long on my bench. If I need lower pegs, I ride wearing my roller blades. I can almost fully stretch my legs.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
loweing the pegs 1" and removing feelers leaves the clearance about the same.
The thing I like about lowered pegs is that it makes it easier to stand on the pegs for short periods.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a set of Vario adjustable pegs I've had on two bikes. Was going to throw them on this bike, but the pin holding the foot peg in is riveted in place, rather than the usual circlip. Haven't gone beyond that point yet and thought about a solution, as i actually find the pegs OK.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stoltec has peg pivot pins.I have Knight Designs pegs which drops pegs 1"
I had to cut rear brake linkage to allow the rear brake lever to drop low enough.
Order for FZ6.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Keen observation.yes it does a tad but it is not annoying.There is no way around that unless you changed the whole rear set.
I am 6'2" and this along with 1" height on my seat redo makes it so much more enjoyable on distances.
Knight designs gives you choices on colors and grip patterns.
I can stand on my pegs when I need to stretch and not feel unsafe.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah I noticed cause I tried pegs similar on my Monster, but felt uncomfortable because they were outwards in relation to the controls. I might bite the bullet and get rear sets, but so far the more adjustable I've see was like 11mm lower then stock. A lot of money for little improvement. I'll look into the seat too...I wish I could find the seat they used for the Rally FZ-09...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts