Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been following the cracked oil pan threads. Has anyone found a low profile drain plug? I travel dirt roads ocassionaly, and am now concerned.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Glad you found the info, regarding the sw-motech spoiler I just purchased what they said was the first one coming to the states from Twistedthrottle.com for $257.50
who appear to be the importer for sw-motech, I also mentioned to them they might want to order additional units since this could be a popular item.
Rick

·
Registered
340 Posts
Seems like a good idea to die grind cut-off the guard to almost match the height of the low profile plug. ie... Leaving the guard just slightly taller than the low profile plug.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Seems like a good idea to die grind cut-off the guard to almost match the height of the low profile plug. ie... Leaving the guard just slightly taller than the low profile plug.
I totally agree since the guard itself is what damaged my pan and the drain plug was never in contact, A guard that damages the pan to protect the drain plug from damaging the pan does not protect anything.
Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts