Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid I know but somehow I have lost my owners manual. I have turned the house and garage upside down and can't find it anywhere.
Does anyone know of one available online? I am sure that the minute I order a new one and pay for it the damn thing will turn up right under my nose but in the mean time I would sure like to have a reference.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. The MT-09 manual should be almost if not identical except for changing the MT to FZ.
If mine does not get returned shortly by the evil spirit that absconded with it I will order another.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you can't find the FZ09, how about the MT09? Here's a link to the MT09 manual: http://www.ymenvom.nl/new/manuals/U1RCEA.PDF
I've been using the MT-09 owners manual PDF for reference when I'm not home and I've discovered that the service intervals are longer in the MT-09 manual than the FZ-09 manual, there are some other differences, but the main change is instead of service intervals being 6000 miles (MT-09), they're 4000 miles (FZ-09), this basically only affects oil changes and injector synchronization.

I hear it's because they have different regulations about oil change intervals over there in Europe.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've been using the MT-09 owners manual PDF for reference when I'm not home and I've discovered that the service intervals are longer in the MT-09 manual than the FZ-09 manual, there are some other differences, but the main change is instead of service intervals being 6000 miles (MT-09), they're 4000 miles (FZ-09), this basically only affects oil changes and injector synchronization.

I hear it's because they have different regulations about oil change intervals over there in Europe.
Are you sure it's not because the intervals are in miles here, and in kilometers there?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
It's every 4000 miles and 6000 km :)

And 4000 miles = 6437 km, they just round it to 6000 so it's easier to keep track of.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I double checked and my Yamaha Canada Owners Manual shows the following, which is in metric like the MT-09 manual:

fz-09-oil-change.jpg

The service intervals match the Service Manual numbers.

I was also able to subscribe to the Yamaha Canada website and able to download a PDF version of the owners manual for free. I am not sure if the Yamaha US website has this feature. I needed to type in my 09's serial number to become a member. It was part of the online survey after buying my bike last summer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I double checked and my Yamaha Canada Owners Manual shows the following, which is in metric like the MT-09 manual:

View attachment 13304

The service intervals match the Service Manual numbers.

I was also able to subscribe to the Yamaha Canada website and able to download a PDF version of the owners manual for free. I am not sure if the Yamaha US website has this feature. I needed to type in my 09's serial number to become a member. It was part of the online survey after buying my bike last summer.
Any chance you could share that PDF owners manual Rocky? I've been looking everywhere for a PDF version that has the same intervals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts