Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am 6"2 280lbs. I have plans to go check out a fz09 at dealership but doubt I will find one to test drive

With my weight and keeping in mind I'm an agressive rider what would be the ideal shock for me I see allot of posts of people replacing the stock shock but most of you are 150 - 220lbs

·
Registered
158 Posts
My friend says he is 270lbs and is about 6'. We put a 04/05 ZX10 shock on using the stock ZX10 spring, although he really should have a 650lb spring, and Sonic .95 springs with 10wt oil in the forks. He isn't crazy aggressive yet has abilities and he says it's what he wanted. Stiffer and more controlled yet still comfortable for commuting. There is hope and somewhat inexpensive fixes for the suspension that makes a huge difference for your weight or riding style.

It's a great bike and even better once you do the suspension and get your ECU flashed by someone like VCyclenut.

-Shannon

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Budget shock -- I'd go with a hayabusa shock.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, I believe they're all the years are the same length 330mm.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would go Ohlins for your weight. Call mike at Riders Discount he will hook it up. Not only will it hold you, it will works as a shocks is supposed to work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts