Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have any you don't need anymore, please send me a PM. Thanks!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No longer looking- thanks to all who replied. These will be going on the back of the bike so I have running lights.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Having read stuarth's stock turn signal mod, I'm interested in doing the same. If you have stock front turn signals you don't need any more, please respond or send a PM.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Sign me up for the same request! I would like the same mod as Stuarth. Need the front signals if you don't need them. Thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Having read stuarth's stock turn signal mod, I'm interested in doing the same. If you have stock front turn signals you don't need any more, please respond or send a PM.
I cannot find the "stock turn signal mod" thread you are talking about. Can someone link to it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I installed my front on the back of my FZ6R. Just so you know if you do the same as I did... install the LF on the RR and the RF on the LR. Wire colors won't match... but the dang screw that hold the lense won't be on top... don't ask. Its stays like that... top case over it so I won't worry about it too much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
There is an easier way to do all this. Extra accessory wire + blinker genie = rear running lights on stock signals. You could probably splice into the wire that turns on the LEDs for the rear brake light running lights.

Reactions: redeye

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Sign me up for the same request! I would like the same mod as Stuarth. Need the front signals if you don't need them. Thanks!
There is another way if you can't get what you need. Let me know if you want the how to.

Reactions: motorock and redeye

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
There is an easier way to do all this. Extra accessory wire + blinker genie = rear running lights on stock signals. You could probably splice into the wire that turns on the LEDs for the rear brake light running lights.
You're right, didn't think about it. I have thr genie in the front headlight running lights. Ah well. I had everything in stock, lets call that recycling. :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You're right, didn't think about it. I have thr genie in the front headlight running lights. Ah well. I had everything in stock, lets call that recycling. :)

That works too, I'm mainly saying it for those who don't have 3 wire two filament signals handy. I don't have extras so I might do the genie technique. It is one of the small gripes I have with the bike....not enough visibility from the back.

·
Registered
885 Posts
There is another way if you can't get what you need. Let me know if you want the how to.
Thanks very much, Z. PM sent. This sounds very interesting for the FZ-09, but I am also interested in a similar arrangement on my Suzuki TU250X. The Tux's big, bright turn signal lights do not function as running lights in the front or rear, and I would like to change that as well for increased visibility.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I would definitely be interested in knowing too! Sending PM immediately.
I would also like to know if we can make aftermarket LED turn signals into running lights by the same method. I plan on getting larger ones(don't think anything is as large as the stock turn signals)- don't care for tiny ones that do nothing for safety. Till I get those, I would like the running lights set up on the rear- I do believe they increase visibility considerably, esp in a crowded city like NYC where people can easily miss the two tiny LED taillights!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I would definitely be interested in knowing too! Sending PM immediately.
I would also like to know if we can make aftermarket LED turn signals into running lights by the same method. I plan on getting larger ones(don't think anything is as large as the stock turn signals)- don't care for tiny ones that do nothing for safety. Till I get those, I would like the running lights set up on the rear- I do believe they increase visibility considerably, esp in a crowded city like NYC where people can easily miss the two tiny LED taillights!

I sent this in a PM to redeye, but this is a forum not a place for secret information! I just didn't want to spend time on this if nobody was interested.

So the front turn signals have 3 wires, one for running, one for the turn signal, and one for ground. On the rears you have a blinker wire and a ground, so all you are missing is the running lights wire. A running light wire should be easily obtained by splicing a wire into the power wire running to the rear tailight and splitting it for each of the rear turn signals. You might want to get a wiring diagram for this, DNFDOUG has one I'm sure if you didn't get his christmas present. Once you get your third wire, its a simple matter of wiring in a blinker genie for each of the two signals.

The blinker genie is odd because it doesn't have a ground coming out the back side, you have to split your ground with one going to the turn signal and one going into the genie. I also recommend putting it in a place that wont get wet, or doing a good amount of waterproofing. It comes covered in heat shrink tubing, but i don't think its waterproof. It comes with a good set of directions.

The blinker genie is easy to find if you just google it. Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

-z

1 - 14 of 14 Posts