Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Windsor Ontario just across the creek from Detroit. Couple of us are thinking of doing a loop out towards Hell/Pinkney area sometime later in the week. Anyone familiar with that area and any roads you could suggest? We are all looking forward to going to Hell for a ride:D!

·
Registered
654 Posts
How about an up armored humvee with a mini-gun and close air support, case-evac, and for added thrills stay south of 8 mile Road.

Good luck!

·
Registered
169 Posts
There are a few areas around here that I strung together into a single route: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YM9x_F9bSFn31JKrsmQE1iuCeOI&usp=sharing

My personal favourites, besides the Pinckney Rec Area:
- The "Whitmore Lake to Commerce" leg in the map above includes the area around the Milford Proving Grounds (Stobart/Kensington Rd), Rushton Rd, and Nine Mile north of Whitmore Lake. That back-to-back string has a good mix of hard, fast sweepers and ultra tight turns.
- While you're near Pinckney, head south to Dexter-Townhall Rd for a hairpin and a nice sweeper
- If you're into a relaxing cruise, Huron River Drive is a popular route (you'll probably be held up by bicyclists and slow traffic but I've taken it at a much more palatable rate)
- Quite far from everything else but if you find yourself near Lake Orion be sure to hit Orion Rd in its entirety. Doesn't look like much on a map but the hills make it very enjoyable.
- Not on my map but you can also head south from Hadley down into Stofer, cross M-52 toward Waterloo and eventually make it to Seymour Rd. Depends on how far west you want to go. Irish Hills is even further south.

If you're spending the dough to cross the bridge both ways you might as well get your money's worth. Take a nice, long ride and hit as much as you can!

·
Registered
466 Posts
The vicinity around Hell is S.E. Michigan's best kept motorcycle riding secret. Not exactly 318 curves in 11 miles, but many miles of twisty rural roads through lightly traveled (and patrolled) countryside. There are a variety of routes, so you can ride from 1 hour to 4, or more - away from city congestion. If you've read Car & Driver magazine over the last 30 years, you've seen photos of cars being tested in this area.

http://www.hellsaloon.com/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts