Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,

My main goal here is to get rid of the pumpkins on the front, are there any options out there that have the same plug and mount as the stock turn signals? I'm not super picky, all I want is not orange and maybe a little lower profile. I already have an electronic flasher unit so LED will be fine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ordered flush mount smoke led signals for an FZ6 and they were plug and play no hard wire or anything

·
Registered
520 Posts
Just cut the wires and crimp the new ones to the original plug man... It takes 1 minute... They have the 3 wire signals out there if losing the running lights is your concern, i havent seen plug and play.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I've read LEDs burn out when used as running lights. Anyone know of a set of LEDs intended as turn signal/running lights?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I've read LEDs burn out when used as running lights. Anyone know of a set of LEDs intended as turn signal/running lights?
All depends on what their output is set to. This generally isn't readily available info though.

I've been using the OEM Yamaha LED ones as running lights/turn signals. So far so good.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just cut the wires and crimp the new ones to the original plug man... It takes 1 minute... They have the 3 wire signals out there if losing the running lights is your concern, i havent seen plug and play.
If I can't find plug and play then the next best thing for me would be buying the stock signal side plug and crimp connectors and wiring it to the new signals myself, I would rather not cut up the stock signals. Any idea if I can get that plug from Yamaha or anywhere else?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok I guess everyone just blew over my post they do make plug and play! You have to run flush mount like the ones that are on the FZ6 I didnt have to mod anything, literally!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I bought some Yamaha stock connectors online and all I had to do was disconnect old lights, connect the bullet connectors to the new lights and install, pretty much plug n play. I did this because I have no experience in cutting/splicing wires and after doing some research on here, it was a fairly easy project.

·
Registered
45 Posts
As far as plug and lay your going to find that a little difficult, especially if you want to retain the running light option. I purchased the Yamaha OEM lights along with a "blinker Genie" from CustomLED and did some solder and heat shrink fab to make it plug and lay with the stock OEM harness. I cut up the original pumpkin lights for the OEM connector but you can buy pre-made pigtails.
You are going to also need to purchase a new relay if you use an LED turn signal.
A few links below....

Yamaha OEM Turn Signal Connectors, 3-Wire (pair) ? Custom LED
Blinker Genie for Run and Turn with LED Signals on Motorcycles ? Custom LED
ELFR-1 Electronic LED Flasher Relay with OEM Connector | Custom LED

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok I guess everyone just blew over my post they do make plug and play! You have to run flush mount like the ones that are on the FZ6 I didnt have to mod anything, literally!
Sorry Xj-Fz, I misunderstood. I thought you meant you found some signals that fit on your FZ6, not that you found signals for an FZ6 that happened to be plug and play on the FZ-09. Those look great! Do you have a link to a seller?

·
Registered
45 Posts
No problem yeah I got them off of Amazon they're flush mount smoked leds for yamaha yzf-r6 I'd send you the link but it won't let me on my phone

·
Registered
21 Posts
Reactions: ozeeb
1 - 20 of 41 Posts