Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So- I want to paint my side air scoop/covers factory red to match. I know Color Rite has paint, but at $30 per rattle can and a primer, base, topcoat then clear- I will end up with a $120 rattle can job, and patience is not my virtue. Store bought reds just are too orange, or too dark. Can anyone recommend a painter that can do the rapid red? Shipping should be cheap since they are two plastic parts :) I am thinking some short, old school black on white yamaha stripes near the bottom of red scoops would look unique, and wicked! Check out this yellow version:

Thankyou

Attachments

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Are there no paint and body shops in your area? Just take it to one that paints cars.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Love that look! You got me thinking now! With winter here...i got plenty of time! :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
That scheme really needs to be continued on to the tank to get the full effect. You will run into problems with the black stripe down the middle of the tank. How about you just get some stickers made to emulate the side scoops on the yellow 2015 model? That design looks good on black.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
rado, is that a paint job or a sticker/decal kit you had done up for your bike???

Some of the things they can do with decal kits is quite amazing and fast.

And these guys sell some Yamaha Stripe Decals, they also do custom decals.

CUSTOM YAMAHA DECALS and YAMAHA STICKERS

I am sure there are other places out there as well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
rado, is that a paint job or a sticker/decal kit you had done up for your bike???

Some of the things they can do with decal kits is quite amazing and fast.

And these guys sell some Yamaha Stripe Decals, they also do custom decals.

CUSTOM YAMAHA DECALS and YAMAHA STICKERS

I am sure there are other places out there as well.
I agree with you 100%. For my bike its all paint, and like I said above because I wanted this design I had to get rid of the center stripe. I also had to take care of a minor "ding" on my tank so it was the best choice for me.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well- here is where I'm at so far. Decided to try rattlecan method first, and it is turning out quite well. I will decide after clear coating in a few days. I wanted something a little more retro, and like that it lines up with the tanks knee grips. For a $34 replacement scoop if I hated it, figured it was worth the risk!

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
That looks good.

Do you have a link for the place you ordered the red paint. How is the color match?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts