Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question.

Can anyone suggest a good organization or group or whatever it's called near Dallas (Texas)?

I'd like to attend a track day / school to improve my riding skills. When I Google "motorcycle track days near dallas", RideSmart is the first thing that comes up and looks exactly what I'm looking for, just something closer.

Is there anything anyone can suggest or have had good experiences with?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I might have found something on RoadRacingWorld.com. There are a few dates in in Sept and Oct in Cresson, TX at the MotorSport Ranch.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
You've already mentioned one with RideSmart. I haven't heard of roadracingworld, but the MotorSport Ranch(Cresson) track is supposed to be pretty decent. Eagle Canyon is another and they have good instructors, but the track is meh.

Being in Dallas, you could always join us on a ride. We have a small group based out of Denton and we do a ride about every weekend with longer trips (going to Colorado in September!) every couple of months -- we have a couple track days in the fall coming up as well.

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to join :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You've already mentioned one with RideSmart. I haven't heard of roadracingworld, but the MotorSport Ranch(Cresson) track is supposed to be pretty decent. Eagle Canyon is another and they have good instructors, but the track is meh.

Being in Dallas, you could always join us on a ride. We have a small group based out of Denton and we do a ride about every weekend with longer trips (going to Colorado in September!) every couple of months -- we have a couple track days in the fall coming up as well.

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to join :)
Thanks KamelReds! PM about to be sent.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I’ve ridden the short track at Cresson with ridesmart. The track is really tight, I just left it in second gear all the way around. Ridesmart is a good outfit, good instructors and they take care of you while you’re there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts