Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all. Evolving squid here loving my 2020 MT-09 except... For the indicators... Yikes. I've looked around and my first choice would be Yoshimura followed by Puig but I had a question regarding the first brand in particular.
Since my motorcycle has rear turn signals ABOVE the license plate swingarm, Yoshimura told me that I needed the fender eliminator kit as well, I'm open to it but honestly I do kinda like how my stock fender looks already. So my stubborn butt has a question. My question is, could I theoretically use different MT09 rear turn signal adapter brackets in place of the one provided by Yoshimura and then just use the rear turn signals themselves and not bother with the eliminator kit??? Has anybody tried this?

Thanks everyone. Ride safe!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hello, all. Evolving squid here loving my 2020 MT-09 except... For the indicators... Yikes. I've looked around and my first choice would be Yoshimura followed by Puig but I had a question regarding the first brand in particular.
Since my motorcycle has rear turn signals ABOVE the license plate swingarm, Yoshimura told me that I needed the fender eliminator kit as well, I'm open to it but honestly I do kinda like how my stock fender looks already. So my stubborn butt has a question. My question is, could I theoretically use different MT09 rear turn signal adapter brackets in place of the one provided by Yoshimura and then just use the rear turn signals themselves and not bother with the eliminator kit??? Has anybody tried this?

Thanks everyone. Ride safe!
I used all my lighting and hardware from this company, not sure if its what your looking for but I loved it. Click on the below link.
TST INDUSTRIES

·
Registered
39 Posts
I went with the USA company hightechspeed.
Thier LED signals are blindingly bright and programmable.
Not cheap but well worth it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You could potentially get these Rizoma brackets. $11.

There are four total in here. One for the inside of the bracket and one for the outside

Attachments

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I dont run rear turn signals and just rely on the integrated tail light for signals. Might not seem like it when you look at it in the driveway but when youre out on the road the tail light on the first gen looks about 12" wide and is seriously more than enough. If youre looking at upgrading your signals then anything besides Proton 500s are a waste of money. Nothing else on the market is anywhere near as bright or has the unique feature of different flash patterns. They are so bright you cant look directly at them. Its like looking at the sun.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
514 Posts
I switched out my FJ 09 to TST led front and rear and they were excellent. I now have an MT 10 which comes with led standard. Unfortunately they are beyond fragile and I broke one brushing up against it. The replacement was $122 which is ridiculous. I ended up getting another set from TST and they are amazingly bright and look pretty cool.
TST Industries | ECHO LED Pod Turn Signals

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello, I upgraded to the TST integrated taillight and the relay that goes along with it on my 2020 MT09. Also kept the license plate on the arm and installed the Tail Tidy kit..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hightechspeed sells the Proton500s.
That is what I bought and as Anihilator said, there is nothing even close when it comes to light intensity.
On top of that the construction is top notch and it is definitely not a cheap made in China , willbreak in a few months item.
I also did the front blinkers and they also are running lights now.
The best safety on a bike is being seen and a loud airhorn.
Riding now 45 years.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I put the TST Mech GTR on front and back (back required a lot of work) and really like them. There's improvements that could be made on them but for the money they look nice and seem bright.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Reactions: Keef

·
Registered
337 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts