Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 2015 fz09 and around 4 thousand miles I started to notice a vibration when cruising along between 3 and 4 thousand rpm. This occurred when not really accelerating or decelerating but more of a neutral load on the drive train. It began very but continued to get stronger with time. I took it back to the dealership and they said I was crazy. Over time it continued and I have already replaced the chain and sprockets, the clutch and clutch basket. The thing is that pulling in the clutch clears it up so I was sure that was the culprit. I am wondering if anyone else has had problems like this and if so what was determined to be the cause. The vibration is driving me nuts and I can't afford to continue stabbing in the dark. I would just sell it if I thought I could get on something else that would pull as strong. Please advise if you have experienced symptoms like described.

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
The only consistent malady that I know of for a 15 with about the same miles you have would be the cam chain tensioner but that would be a rattle not a vibration. I would also mention the clutch but you have that handled.
If I were you, since the dealer didn't help, would be to get a third opinion from someone, in person, that is familiar with these bikes.
This would be a good place to start but we need to know where you live.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I had one cct that did this ,you could verify by parking the bike on the stand and holding the rpms steady at 3800,4000 in about 15 to 20 seconds the chatter would jump up and become obvious

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have a 2015 as well, and I don't feel but I do hear my cam chain on cold mornings.
Was never sure how much of that sound was acceptable or if at all. Don't think I've felt vibration from it, but will feel for it on my ride home today. See if I can sense that.

·
Vendor
1,333 Posts
i think the stock ecu has vibrations in this area due to the lean fueling that is present in the area you are talking about. It is possible that once you perceived and became aware of it you now focus on it.

if nothing else is presenting itself stop focusing on it and just ride the bike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts