Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of this information is all over this forum but I do not have enough time to read all of the posts as I am leaving in 14 days. I am in the military and came down on special assignment for 6-12 months and I will be storing my bike.
1. What stand best suits the fz09 so I can have my new tires off the ground?
2. What do I need to do to prep bike? I live in Hawaii and not sure if it is going into climate controlled storage or not.
I am pulling the battery, filling up gas tank and adding stabilizer.
3. When I return I am draining and replacing all fluid.

Any other suggestions...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Only other thing I would say is change the oil before storing it and be sure to run the bike for a bit after adding the fuel stabilizer. I've never used a stand so I can't help you with that.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Why are you going to fill up the gas tank? I would think draining the gas tank would be more appropriate. Use ethanol free gas if you insist on filling up the gas tank. Just order a front and rear paddock stands. Buy the spools and your bike will be elevated. Might as well buy a cover for it too. Keep the dust off it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
1. Add fuel stabilizer to tank
2. Fill tank all the way to the top
3. Quick ride to warm it up
4. Change oil and filter
5. Take out spark plugs and spray fogging oil in each cylinder
6. Wash and wax bike
7. Lube chain, cables, hinges etc.
8. Hook battery tender up to the battery
9. Put bike on stands
10. Cover it up with sheet or some breathable material

Been there and done the deployment thing many times. This is what I would do to mine. Never had an issue. Fired right up everytime upon return.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts